Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can somebody I.D. this concept car?

Perhaps it is an overhead view of one of the versions of the 1966 AMX II concept car by American Motors?

Not possible, as that car never had an interior.

I would say it's GM in origin, too, as the rear quarter windows are very '68-'73 Eldorado like, as the "peaked" rear window is also from that era.

Purely speculation, but based on the wheel design I'd say it's definitely GM. Based on the position of the character line on the body side, its relationship to the wheel-arches, and the length of the panels behind the front wheel arch and in front of the rear wheel arch, I'd say it's based on the '67-'81 F-body (Firebird / Camaro body structure), though the door looks perhaps a little longer. The shape of the windshield glass looks like first-gen F-body, '67-'69.

The nose leading-edge shouts late '60s Buick, so my bet is a sporty-car Buick derived from the other GM ponies.

This car also appears to have a flip-forward nose (note the cut-line in the panel behind the front wheel arch).

But Casey's right about the peaked rear window and quarters being rather Cadillac Eldo. Hmmmm.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The C-pillar had the look of an 68-69 AMC Javelin or Ford Mustang both of which were right here on the shelf in front of me.

But the back glass looked very GM.

Those guys had spys everywhere! :lol: