Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slowly's Model T

slowlylearning

The vans giving me the poopies, still trying to get the front end 'right'. So I pulled this out and just started hacking at it... The inspiration is a scratch-built trike/chopper I saw in the scratchbuilding thread a while ago... Going for a deco-steampunky look, its TINY compared to the van, which is just what I need I rekon.

20130417.jpg

20130418.jpg

20130419.jpg

Do a Google search for quarter eliptical front suspension. It would be perfect for this build and the stretched out wheelbase, you are looking for.

Edit: Like this.

100_1574.jpg

VERY nice there! But I think thats a bit out of my skill-level aye, I was thinking an all-out scuiside front end... Can I have a link to that topic though? Id very much like to see that one :)

i like that too rob. them amt's 25 ''t'' kit is a small car .got the small kit im thinking a sit of ur pants car low riding t buckit.

Sweet! There's so much you can do with these 'base ' kits aye!

Thanks to the rest of you guys! :D :D :D Comments like those keep me goin' :)

Here's my start on the engine (from a 36 Ford coupe)... It was the wierdest distributer I have EVER seen, Iv seen the crab/scallop type ones, but never this sort, its like a dome on each side of the front-end of the engine :S

20130424.jpg

20130425.jpg

20130426.jpg

You can really get a sense of scale when theres an engine in it, that and the markings on my cutting mat :P Has anyone else done this kit and used the Lincoln V8 that it comes with? Its horrible! It would have been such a nice setup if it werent so... bad.

VERY nice there! But I think thats a bit out of my skill-level aye, I was thinking an all-out scuiside front end... Can I have a link to that topic though? Id very much like to see that one :)

I doubt it's outside your skill level, there isn't much to it, just making some brackets and connecting rods from styrene stock. If you can "Z" a chassis, this should be no problem.

Anywho, that build topic is a few years old and the search function has been hit or miss for me lately, but you can see the WIP shots here.

http://s53.photobucket.com/user/Jantrix/library/50%20Ford%20Rat?sort=3&page=1

I doubt it's outside your skill level, there isn't much to it, just making some brackets and connecting rods from styrene stock. If you can "Z" a chassis, this should be no problem.

Anywho, that build topic is a few years old and the search function has been hit or miss for me lately, but you can see the WIP shots here.

http://s53.photobucket.com/user/Jantrix/library/50%20Ford%20Rat?sort=3&page=1

You know what? I rekon I will give it a try, just to say Ive done it :D

Yes! Very cool idea...

Thanks man! :)

Z'd up front gotta chop it up a bit more

stance is a little off I just noticed on this mockup, I really need to do something so the body mounts the same way each time

20130427.jpg

20130428.jpg

20130429.jpg

"http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239121&showall=1 "

Just the photo reference I needed! Also, none of my builds would work in 1:1, theyre all plastic! :P lol Making silly stuff that wouldnt work in fullscale is half the fun I rekon :D

I think it's looking cool.. Geez models don't have to be 100% realistic or accurate!!! keep up the good work.. I think is a good start for a nice show rod.

Thanks mate :D

Built a 1;1 T when I was 24.Buick 455....looking nothing like yours................. :P looking goodddddddddddd.

Wouldnt happen to have any piccies of your 1:1 would you? specifically inner doorskins and the body without an interior??

Wouldnt happen to have any piccies of your 1:1 would you? specifically inner doorskins and the body without an interior??

,,sorry no piccys,,,,,,got it as a bare steel tub woth no wood framing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and a bare frame that needed a ton of work to hold together when i punched the peddle down :D

• 4 months later...

Its been quite a while.

Finished a bunch of tafe work so I allotted myself a little time to make a mess at the bench. Rescued this thing from under a pile of random desk-mess and did a bit of a mockup. Then got straight back to tafe work :/ Hoping to have the time to do little bits and pieces on this one. Still undecided on the front grill situation. Maybe a tractor-style...

20130823_142527_zpsd9e4323a.jpg

20130823_142340_zps8accd1fa.jpg

20130823_142242_zpsd73b8114.jpg