Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the one you WILL build one day, no matter what?

WOW Chuck, what a question!! It is just such a hard decision for me because I have either had trucks that I drove that are special to me,. just like my 2012 Peterbilt 386 I drove last year with Werner Enterprises. There wasn't anything very special about the truck, just another company owned POS (compared to how I'd spec a rig :lol: ) but my fiancee and I had some fun times in that rig while keeping this country moving, like this pic we had taken outside the motel we stayed at in Davenport, Ia while off for a few days to enjoy the 2012 Walcott Truckers Jamboree last July.

HPIM3891.jpg

Of course, that's why it's a hard decision, because just going to Walcott gave me some nice ideas, like this nice Mack!

HPIM3886.jpg

And this face only a mother could love, this 70s Ryder Paymaster.

HPIM3772.jpg

I would Love to do those 3 too. But, finding Scale drawings/measurements

for the Squad body & Crown are stopping me.

Finally got ONE side view measured drawing for the Ward though!!

The Other one I always wanted to build, I actually have in progress. MACK CF Baker Aerialscope.

Sadly, I have to start over on the boom. sections 2 & 3 became too tight a fit and the outer one

has been torn apart

Is that Roscoe from Hazzard that pulled him over??

I started an HO scale of Bandit & Snowman's KW & trailer MANY years ago too!

so far, sides of trailer are white for the mural.

Edited by Edsel-Dan

Dan, this might help for the squad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-25-scale-model-resin-Emergency-Squad-51-deluxe-fire-truck-conversion-kit-/171009534492?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item27d0f66a1c#ht_764wt_679 He also has figures for Johnny & Roy. What's stopping me from doing the squad or the Ward-LaFrance are the decals. I'm assuming that you've seen Cargostar's Ward-LaFrance cab?

No,just random pictures from the web. The Faun got a 812hp 16V-71TA engine and can pull 500ton. The Mercedes Titan got a 20liter v12 with 525hp,in 1982 this was quite a bit of power. Not sure what they use for poweplant in the Kenworth.

Suspension of the Titan.

2004zg4.jpg

Edited by om617

Jim B.

I know about that kit. I would rather do it myself. CHEAPER!!!.

I know about Cargostar's Cab, I have seen them on the Scale Firehouse,

but again......................Unemployment LIMIT's my Buying, thus

Scratchbuilding is my friend!!!

I have a Cady decal sheet that includes LA County & City Fire markings.

I am not sure if that one is still made since he retired and sold off his printing.

Yes, those big Kenworths would make great models. By the way, both Kenworths are not C500s, those are 963s, spec'd much heavier then a C500. Notice the hood, fenders, head lights, and grill shape, the grill is shaped like a wedge with the vertical Kenworth name plate in the middle.