Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hemi Dart drag car

rv1963

Dart1.jpg

Dart2.jpg

Dart3.jpg

Time for a new build, The Revell Hemi Dart.

I started with the basic engine assemble, engines halves, front cover and intake manifold.

I will add and make lots of detail changes, I have already added a dip stick filler tube and drilled holes for the rad hoses and scratch built distributor.

I also stripped the chrome from the rocker covers and painted them flat black, holes were drilled for the plug wires and I removed the breathers as I will make my own from scratch.

The engine is painted hemi orange the trans is aluminum and the bell housing is steel. All comments welcome.

Edited by rv1963

Dart75.jpg

Dart76.jpg

Time for an update.

Got lots of engine work done, I also need to fix some stuff like repainting the carbs they look really bad.

I still have to paint and install the headers, fuel line, fuel filters, brackets for the velocity stacks and maybe some carb linkage if I can fit it in. The pics could be better the flash is making many parts look a lot more shiny than they are. All comments welcome.

Once again thanks for the heads up Gerald on the fit issue with my motor mods.

I checked to see if it would fit, so far no way to tell as the motor does not even fit the mounts with or without my mods, I will let you know how I fix the issue.

Edited by rv1963

Dart77.jpg

Dart78.jpg

Time for an update.

I fixed the problem with the engine fitting under the hood, just had to make a few tweaks.

The engine is pretty much finished, I added the headers, fuel filter and lines, carb linkage and return springs, tach drive cable. I could add more details but I don't want to make the engine look to busy. All comments welcome.

Edited by rv1963