Model Cars Magazine Forum

qer09ifyugreadm

b_lever1

Funny you should ask. I just got my kiss van to build. I'm in.

I put this paint question up elsewhere maybe some others can help here. Well I finally got my kiss van together "TO BUILD"!!! box stock. I did this kit as a kid and painted it red, if I remember right it was not that great of a color combo so I blew it up.

It seems most of these kits are sitting in the boxes on shelves and the ones to buy are around $100 bucks. I lucked out and got the van in its original form the Xtasy van kit for $20 delivered and ordered some after market decals from Australia for $15 delivered. and "tada" kiss van to build $35. The Xtasy van only came out one year to my knowledge then they slapped new Kiss decals on it and a cool box and the rest is KISShistory .

I would love to smack the guy that did that paint job for the box art. It is next to imposable to reproduce, I believe it is accomplished by painting the van a base color and after that dries you get a big pan of water and put oil based paint on top of the water then dip it thru the pattern to get that psychedelic paint, I have seen this done with eggs and papers for books. any way its way out of my league. I am thinking of going with a base coat of bright pink and then extra fine pink glitter to simulate metal fleck pink from the 70's. don't know if this will work or not will have to practice on old bodies.

DSCF1289_zpsea9d34aa.jpg

Awesome van W-409,

As for b_lever1 question, I think the van's of the 70's had all the style, and that includes vans from earlier done in the 70's style.

Is there to be a dead line on this, maybe by the end of the year or something.

I would suggest to b_lever1 when you get the guide lines all together, to update your first post so newbies to the post get it right away.

I just watch "supper van" on you tube last month, cheese, but lots of great vans and stuff. I plane to start mine Mon. when the company leaves.

Just my two cents worth, about what it's worth.

Laz

Thank you my friend I have those plus the original van from hot rod mag when they where being built the new inside is awsome you should see it in the dark even better heres a picture post-6187-0-14633400-1374717435_thumb.jppost-6187-0-56246700-1374717459_thumb.jppost-6187-0-75969700-1374717486_thumb.jp

Edited by b_lever1

The kitpost-6187-0-26411600-1374724283_thumb.jp Got her opened up man you can tell this is an old kit they did do a fairly good job on bringing it back. More flash than I remember and very thin plastic started clean up and cut side door out.More to come haveing good time working on it and listen to galaxy reliving the 70's

I might get on this van build, vans are my favorite builds, look at my signature theres a link of a van site, vans never went anywhere, they have always been here, there even a magazine still being produced. I belong to Lighthouse vanners.

I might get on this van build, vans are my favorite builds, look at my signature theres a link of a van site, vans never went anywhere, they have always been here, there even a magazine still being produced. I belong to Lighthouse vanners.

Yup I'm into that have it on facebook.Have ti look up Lighthouse vanners. Join in it's free

Rethinking things frank how far along are you jion in anyways anything goes new old what ever just make a 70's style

Everybody okay with this

mine is actually an original phantom ford econoline gluebomb <_<

Edited by knarf