Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4th Quarter new kit announcements

For this month's tentative schedule I'm showing the Yellow 2015 Mustang snapper, the Hot Rod Hydro (née Hemi Hydro), the Blue Bandito (née Blue Beetle), 1/24 Black Widow (released a couple of years ago under the SSP program, now it'll be in the regular lineup), and the aforementioned Camaro and Challenger prepaints to non-RPP shops. It's always subject to change, but I'd expect them to update their site with more items as they get them into their warehouse.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I missed it, or November isn't 4th quarter, but does anyone know the source of the 1/24 Bentley Blower listed as a November release? I assume it is the Heller kit but I'm not aware of Revell and Heller sharing molds. Not aware of any 1/24 Bentley kits other than the Heller, and doubt it is a new tool.

Maybe I missed it, or November isn't 4th quarter, but does anyone know the source of the 1/24 Bentley Blower listed as a November release? I assume it is the Heller kit but I'm not aware of Revell and Heller sharing molds. Not aware of any 1/24 Bentley kits other than the Heller, and doubt it is a new tool.

Bentley....

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=10149

Photo courtesy from Modellversium

10149-deckel.jpg

That Bentley is indeed the old Heller kit. The decal sheet from the Revell version looks to be more comprehensive than how I remember the Heller one to be though. If anyone would like confirmation, I can dig out my Heller release to double check.

Oh, and in case anyone is put off by it being from Heller, don't be! Whilst they are quite old tooling now, the series that this Bentley kit is from were pretty good. The two that I have built (Merc 500K and Bugatti T50) were the third and fourth models that I built when I first took up this hobby, and they turned out very nicely. As a result, I'm looking forward to building the Bentley when I have the time!

Edited by Paul H

Cool, thanks. Looking at the timeline for that kit, it does look like Revell - Heller cooperation is a new thing. The only company I knew of that had re-boxed Heller kits was Airfix while they were both under the same parent company. Hope this means we might start to see more of the Heller kits that haven't been issued for a while.

Paul, agree on Heller kits. Like most old companies they have some clunker kits, but they also have some really nice ones. I have one of the earlier boxings of this kit and it looks pretty nice, with a lot of fine detail.

Revell has repackaged the Heller Bentley at least twice since the 1980s. It's usually a good 15 years or so between "reissues".

Heller is a fully functional company again being bought out of receivership a few years ago. They've quietly been reissuing several of their "Big C" classic car kits with next to no notice of anyone on this side of the Atlantic.

Edited by niteowl7710

Cool, thanks. Looking at the timeline for that kit, it does look like Revell - Heller cooperation is a new thing. The only company I knew of that had re-boxed Heller kits was Airfix while they were both under the same parent company. Hope this means we might start to see more of the Heller kits that haven't been issued for a while.

Paul, agree on Heller kits. Like most old companies they have some clunker kits, but they also have some really nice ones. I have one of the earlier boxings of this kit and it looks pretty nice, with a lot of fine detail.

I have most of their older stuff waiting to be built, and reckon that they all look pretty good - if anyone would like further details, I can take some pics. In addition to the mostly French classic / vintage European cars (most of which have not been kitted by other companies) it is worth noting that they also produced full detail kits of the Jaguar E Type / XKE. These roadster and coupe versions are vastly superior to either of the Revell / Monogram kits of the Jag, in detail and accuracy - would be fantastic if those were to be re-released too!!

Edited by Paul H