Model Cars Magazine Forum

Roush Cougar XR-7

acmiaz

VERY nicely done. Clean, with great detail, and those decals on the louvers are a slam dunk. Might be even more impressive with outdoor shots.

[PS: Don't be surprised if this gets moved into the NASCAR forum. Glad I got to see this before that happens, since I never look there.]

Edited by sjordan2

[PS: Don't be surprised if this gets moved into the NASCAR forum. Glad I got to see before that happens, since never look there.]

Maybe one day we will get a competition section here

Thanks! I thought you might like it being a Martin fan I always thought this car was really cool.

I did not become a Martin fan tell he started driving for MB2 racing, After Ernie Irvan retired, Ken Scharder took over , then Martin took over for, him so I decided to support Martin.

I have those Starter kits but yet to build one.

On a side note.....we almost got a 1/25 scale plastic kit of the car. Back in 1989 I was given a early test shot of the Revell street Cougar and ask to kit bash a Roush IMSA Cougar model. The current product person at Revell wanted to do the Cougar and thought a prototype kit would help sell it. Needless to say the kit did not make it. The IMSA Mustang kits did OK but set no records and the Cougar would almost be a all new tool....so it was turned down. The prototype I built is around somewhere but I don't think I have a photo on the net. But I did build a 1990 version of the Roush car for myself. 1/25 scale curbside model.

COUGARGTO02-vi.jpg

I had hoped their would be a GOOD resin kit of the car. (the AAM kit was WAY off) but maybe some day??????

Edited by Dave Van

I know Art, AAM owner back in the day. The quality of the casting is very good. But Art did not do the master for the body and it was designed to fit the Mustang chassis unmodified. Because of that it is a little narrow, I can live with that, but too short too. This gives it a odd look that does not work for me. I have one that I keep telling myself to sell....but have not yet.

Fantastic work, I always loved the lines and look of the IMSA Cougar, the Olivetti Oldsmobile come in a tie with the Cougar in looks...in my VERY personal taste and opinion of course.

I love em both as well. Here's to WISHING Revell would update the Roush kit doe these two in 1/25th...............

I wonder if it'd be worth time to smash up a couple coug's and an IMSA Stang.....

Easier said than done...I've tried. Perhaps I need to try again.....!

I wonder if it'd be worth time to smash up a couple coug's and an IMSA Stang.....

That is what my prototype and the Whistler version above is, Mustang chassis parts on a new chassis pan. Some modified roll cage. The body is a mix of street Cougar, IMSA Mustang and sheet stock. Not real hard ....I've done 3 so far. The 3rd was to be a master for a resin....but project fell through.