Model Cars Magazine Forum

"American Graffiti" 58 Chevy Impala

Car Crazy 81

Mode-8.jpg

Mode-7.jpg

Mode-1.jpg

Heres Another Movie Car That I Just Got Started On As You Can See I Already Filled In The Door Handle Holes, Mirror Holes, Sanded Off The Hood & Trunk Emblems. The Engine Im Using For This One Is From The Kit Originally I Was Gonna Go With The 327 Ci With 6 Strombergs On It Just Like In The Movie But It Was Gonna Be A Pain LOL. I'll Keep Ya'll Posted On This One I Have So Many Other Builds Its Unreal.

I always wanted to do a replica of this one right from when the filmfirst came out.

Thing is I could never get the red accents correct. If I hand painted it it went all squigely, then I tried with decal filmmost recently but could not get it to sit right.

I think my next attempt will be using masks.

J

Mode-8.jpg

Mode-7.jpg

Mode-1.jpg

Heres Another Movie Car That I Just Got Started On As You Can See I Already Filled In The Door Handle Holes, Mirror Holes, Sanded Off The Hood & Trunk Emblems. The Engine Im Using For This One Is From The Kit Originally I Was Gonna Go With The 327 Ci With 6 Strombergs On It Just Like In The Movie But It Was Gonna Be A Pain LOL. I'll Keep Ya'll Posted On This One I Have So Many Other Builds Its Unreal.

older issue revell 57 bel air has that motor ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Mode-2008-1.jpg

Mode-2008-2.jpg

Heres Some Progress On The Impala I Modified The Spare Tire Well Which Stuck Out Like A Sore Thumb I Added Some Sheet Styene To Replace The Kits To Dress It Up I Added A .060 Inch Strip Im Still Not Finished Though. I Originally Was Gonna Use The Kits 348 Ci But I Decided To Use A Small Block That Came From The Parts Box I Used The Kits Powerglide Tranny.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IMG_1279.jpg

Heres some progress on the Steve Bolander car its not much i have to work out a few imperfections on the body and move on to the tedious part of this project the interior its gonna take me awhile getting that Tuck N Roll upholstery to be exactly like the movie car it will get there. I'll keep ya'll posted.

• 1 month later...