Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Chevy rat rod pickup

rv1963

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

A few pics of my latest build, i chopped the top, sectioned the cab, lengthened front of the frame so i could fit the bigger engine in and lowered the front and rear suspension. The engine is a Ford flathead V12 with a front mounted supercharger and 3 old style injectors from an indy car engine. All comments welcome.

Okay, please forgive me, I have to pick up my jaw off the floor!

THIS THING IS PERFECT. Lordy, I love it. It's got all the right gotcha flavor a rat pick up needs and wants.

You gotta keep working on it. And share it with us.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind comments guys and don't worry i will keep posting progress on this build. I have already chopped off the curved area under the hood one because it looks a little out of place and two so it will clear the exhaust. Yep the flathead V12 shore isn't stock, i don't think there is such a thing as a flathead V12 but i could be wrong.

Thanks for the kind comments guys and don't worry i will keep posting progress on this build. I have already chopped off the curved area under the hood one because it looks a little out of place and two so it will clear the exhaust. Yep the flathead V12 shore isn't stock, i don't think there is such a thing as a flathead V12 but i could be wrong.

I saw a lincoln with a v12 flattie on Barret Jackson last week!!

this is lookin killer....a little powerwagon taste???

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Time for a small update on the rat, a few pics of the interior i did some weathering on the seat and floor, made the fan on the dash from scratch and the shifter knob that is supposed to look like a human brain not shore if it works though.

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Well you guys asked for it so here are a few more pics, keep in mind this is only the first stage of weathering on the cab and bed, i also put a quick coat of paint on the engine and rims so i could judge how everything would look. I am still in the process of painting the hood and what's left of the front end.