Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan 72 Torino stuff

freakshow12

• 4 years later...
On 10/7/2014 at 4:37 PM, Dave Van said:

No inside info here......but again.....I bet there is a 72 in Revell's future......Fast and Furious, Gran Torino and a number of other movies had them.

Question.......           With the restructure of Revell.....(curious)    :huh:..... which file "this idea" got placed?

Edited by Khils

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2014 at 6:37 PM, Dave Van said:

No inside info here......but again.....I bet there is a 72 in Revell's future......Fast and Furious, Gran Torino and a number of other movies had them.

If they mess the body up as bad as they did on the '74, then it won't matter if they do the '72.

I'll be kitbashing my JoHan '72 with a Revell '70, whenever I get around to it.

23 hours ago, Bainford said:

If they mess the body up as bad as they did on the '74, then it won't matter if they do the '72.

I'll be kitbashing my JoHan '72 with a Revell '70, whenever I get around to it.

A 72 body on a 70 chassis will be a custom car. 70 Torino has leaf springs rear, 72 coil with short arms....many other differences too. 

3 hours ago, Dave Van said:

A 72 body on a 70 chassis will be a custom car. 70 Torino has leaf springs rear, 72 coil with short arms....many other differences too. 

The '70-71 was unibody, the '72-up was a new body on frame chassis so that won't work.

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, Dave Van said:

Yes, I'm well aware of that. I never said I was going to use the chassis from the '70. The '72 kit has a chassis. The frame just needs to be cut free from it.

The '70 will give up its engine & drive train as well as other bits and details.