Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiat 500 Altered

W-409

Thanks Chris!! I have been thinking about painting it Metallic Green with gold frame and rear steelies. And then the car's name which will be "No Big Thing" would be on the doors and it would be gold too. The name is because of the car's size. :lol:

Thanks Ray and Joe!

A 409 is better than a Hemi???!!!??? No way.

:lol: :lol: :lol: This gave me a hard laugh! :lol:

Today my plan is to get the engine painted. I also need to build another Ladder bar. Hope to have more pics in a couple of days. Stay tuned.

• 1 month later...

W-409 when you have time log on to Bing and type in ,No Big Thing Race Car,,,, I watched this thing race at US 30 years ago. It reminds me of your current project

WOW!!! That sure looks like wild ride! :blink:B) Cool car, thanks for posting, that must have been really nice to see on track.

I finally have gotten the engine painted and I started the assembly too. I really like how it's coming together. I had to scratchbuild a small styrene-part to cover that little gap between Intake Manifold and the block. Now it sits nicely.

Next....Throttle linkages. <_<

DSCN5196_zps11e7ee37.jpg

DSCN5199_zps0e5a3ed7.jpg

Now I'm doing finishing touches on my '77 Chevy Van. It will be posted in Under Glass in Trucks section at the latest tomorrow. B)

Niko, your Fiat is very cool and so typical of what you would've seen back in the day. The only thing I would consider changing are the rear tires to a set of piecrust slicks,that would have been the type of tire they would have used back in that era. Good job so far.- Bill

• 7 months later...

Thanks Bill! And Sorry I must have missed your comment, but better late than never I guess. :)

Yes, the rear tires will be changed. Now when you said it, it feels stupid that I almost used those regular slicks, even if I have the AMT Slicks Parts Box.

This has been way too long as a Back Burner. I got just the inspiration that I needed when we had a Custom Culture Show here in Finland. I was one of the guys who put together the Model Car-area there. We had three display cases for finished builds and five guys who were building models on the other table to show what this hobby really is. Of course I needed something to fit the theme and I thought "This is it".

I scratchbuilt the headers from solder. Header Flanges are made out of sheet styrene. When I got all eight pipes on their place and glued on, I made the collectors from the same material as I used for those injector stacks, but of course a larger diameter one. I also started building the floor, but it's in very beginning stages and I'll post a picture of it when I get some more work done with it. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of the headers I made.

DSCN0656_zps431713ef.jpg

DSCN0658_zps679cc8f7.jpg

DSCN0659_zps781e7739.jpg

And here is our place in the show. Unfortunately you can see me building this Fiat in the picture, too. :lol:

a9fbf8b0-b99c-43a7-a2ed-990ae9f6d523_zps

Here are all pics from the show:

http://tapahtumakuvia.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Tapahtumat+2014/Custom+Culture+Show+15.-16.2.2014/

Thanks Everyone! I appreciate it.

Nice to see you back at it with this again, Now what did you use and how did you make the injector tubes? everywhere I look to buy them is ridiculous expensive and those look spot on!

Umm, I was afraid that someone would ask that question at some point. :lol: The problem is that I really don't know, which sounds funny, but it actually is true...
But here are a couple of pictures so that maybe someone can tell me what these exactly are. I bought a set of these from a local craft store. I'm pretty sure that they are some parts for electrical components, but I don't know what they exactly are. This set has 300 of them in different sizes and it cost about 7 Euros.

DSCN0672_zps58adedd6.jpg

DSCN0671_zps7f1803d5.jpg

To use them only thing you have to do is remove that colored plastic part. It comes off very easily with a couple of light knocks with a little hammer.

Thanks Everyone! I appreciate it. Umm, I was afraid that someone would ask that question at some point. :lol: The problem is that I really don't know, which sounds funny, but it actually is true...But here are a couple of pictures so that maybe someone can tell me what these exactly are. I bought a set of these from a local craft store. I'm pretty sure that they are some parts for electrical components, but I don't know what they exactly are. This set has 300 of them in different sizes and it cost about 7 Euros.DSCN0672_zps58adedd6.jpgDSCN0671_zps7f1803d5.jpg To use them only thing you have to do is remove that colored plastic part. It comes off very easily with a couple of light knocks with a little hammer.

I found out that they are called bootlace ferrules http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/bootlace-ferrule

Thanks Fellas! :) I appreciate the kind comments!

Sir found the English name for them, great! Looks like that deal right there is better than what I did here in Finland, as it's a set of 600 with almost the same price than I paid for my 300.

Jason: I guess you mean if the top part of them is flared like that when you take the colored plastic off? If so, they are pre-flared so all you have to do is knock that plastic off and glue those injector stacks on your engine. ^_^

Thanks Guys!

Jason: No problem, It's just me and my bad English. ;)

Gene: I'm glad to hear my builds are inspirational. After watching the Drag Cars In Motion thread on The H.A.M.B, I had to start building something like this. Luckily a Finnish fellow modeler was selling a Fiat 500 with cheap price that time. He was wondering what I'll do with this, because Fiat 500 wasn't my style. :lol:

Bob: I've been trying to scratchbuild a Hilborn Fuel Pump. I could order a set of them from Altered States Models, but I want to see if I can make one myself. I've done a couple of them already, but I'm not completely happy with them, so I'll have to build another one.

Thanks for interest and following, everyone!