Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Studillac

mr moto

I've always been hesitant about posting my builds for some reason but I'm finally going to break down and post some pictures. I borrowed a camera from the office and signed up for Photobucket so here's my first attempt. The model is the AMT 53 Stude decked out with tailfins, front and rear pans, slight top chop/restyle and the windshield converted to a wraparound. I used Revell's early Cad V-8 which was a favorite to swap into 1:1 Studebakers back in the day - it fit like a charm. I look at a lot of old car magazines that I get off of Ebay for inspiration and my concept for this build was the kind of streetable custom that you might have seen in the pages of Rod & Custom back in the early 60's. You can't see much of the interior in the photos but it has four individual buckets, a full length console and a 1960 Plymouth steering wheel. Paint is Duplicolor Seattle Silver with a Cobra Colors clear coat.

studebakers019.jpg

studebakers020.jpg

studebakers002.jpg

studebakers003.jpg

studebakers021.jpg

Edited by mr moto

• 13 years later...