Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Chevy Pro Sportsman drag car

Mudpit602

these kits can be a bit of a challenge and a little fiddly when it comes to assembling the chassis and rollcage. take the time to make sure everything is cleaned up nice and the joints are fitting well and it should go pretty good. my only real complaint is the tinted glass that Revell included, really wish it had been clear.

Yea Iam finding this out but it turning out to be fun kit to build with all the detail it has.

Nice build so far. I am using this kit with a regular 55 body, for a Pro Street build.

I was wondering if you are happy with the rear tire mold? I had a real bad set, and got in touch with Revell, and got two new ones. Yours are not as bad as mine, but, I figured I would mention it to you.

These were mine.

post-6644-065365300 1288636327_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brutalform

Nice build so far. I am using this kit with a regular 55 body, for a Pro Street build.

I was wondering if you are happy with the rear tire mold? I had a real bad set, and got in touch with Revell, and got two new ones. Mine are not as bad as yours, but, I figured I would mention it to you.

These were mine.

Yea mine have a really bad mold line to them. I had to sand them for a lone time to get rid of it and its not all gone.

these kits can be a bit of a challenge and a little fiddly when it comes to assembling the chassis and rollcage. take the time to make sure everything is cleaned up nice and the joints are fitting well and it should go pretty good. my only real complaint is the tinted glass that Revell included, really wish it had been clear.

Yes...I agree. I sometimes wonder why the skill levels are even there. I had built kits that were level 3, that, IMO were not that challenging. On the other hand, this kit is a level 2, and I must admit it is a bit challenging.

2X

Yea Iam finding this out but it turning out to be fun kit to build with all the detail it has.

But it is a fun build and u can use it on a lot of kits. i'm use it on my pro mod caddy. I reworked the tries.

004-37.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently building the car. However, my overzealousness in removing the chrome plating, I broke the intake manifold. Question for you, How did you manage to get the rollcage to line up correctly. I am having a hard time mocking it up so I can glue it together. My rear tires had a very minor mold line in them. For the broken intake manifold, can I just contact Revell and they will send me a replacement?

I am currently building the car. However, my overzealousness in removing the chrome plating, I broke the intake manifold. Question for you, How did you manage to get the rollcage to line up correctly. I am having a hard time mocking it up so I can glue it together. My rear tires had a very minor mold line in them. For the broken intake manifold, can I just contact Revell and they will send me a replacement?

I had to glue my one bar at a time and lat that dry before moving on to the next. That work out so I didnt make a mess out of thing. It wassent easy but I got. Sorry to here about the broken intake manifold. :) . Iam not to crazy about the tires myself.

I had to glue my one bar at a time and lat that dry before moving on to the next. That work out so I didnt make a mess out of thing. It wassent easy but I got. Sorry to here about the broken intake manifold. B) . Iam not to crazy about the tires myself.

Thanks. It looks like it is going to be a slow and methodical process. I was hoping that maybe you had a shortcut or something, short of doing it one piece at a time. But I do appreciate the advice and help. Does anybody know if I can just contact Revell to get the intake replaced?

Thanks. It looks like it is going to be a slow and methodical process. I was hoping that maybe you had a shortcut or something, short of doing it one piece at a time. But I do appreciate the advice and help. Does anybody know if I can just contact Revell to get the intake replaced?

Bryan

It will not hurt to try. They replaced my bad molded tires. All they can do is say "no". One other thing you might want to try, if Revell does not work out. Check out some model sites, like Slixx decals. They carry a lot more products besides decals, like resin parts, tires, wheels, etc.

Sorry no new up dates just yet. I have been busy with work and getting for for Goodguy's Car Show In Scottsdale AZ. I was able to take the car to tonight's model meeting for Moonlight Modelers Car Club and placed second on the project table. Thank you for looking and all your nice words. Goodguy's Is going really well. Moonlight and Cactus Modelers Car Club Is Sponsored by Revell to but on a model car, Pedal car show, and a make and take for the kids. We are doing a people choice awards which gets the public involved. We have 247 cars on the table and about a 1000 votes in already. Still have on more day to go.

Edited by Mudpit602