Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Buick Invicta Overhaulin Updated 11/30/13

HNTR

Nice Buick. I like the custom look. I wish I could enlarge the pic, my eyes are kind of bad. Looks cool.

Sorry! My laptop has officially gone to the great circuit board in the sky...... I had to upload using my I-phone. If it posted the size of a postage stamp, let me know.

I like this one even though it is not going stock.

My resto project, a Former Hardtop "Boondock Bomber" will be an Indy Pace Car

with Electra 225 trim added.

No I did not stretch it to make an Actual 225 (I did not have measurements on where to

cut & stretch)

I am thinking of modifying the Monogram/Revell 59 Impala interior as close to Electra

designs as I can. Both the original interior and resin copy have problems.

Lost detail on Original, Warped seats in resin copy.

Mono/Rev interior Fits the body!!!

Should I show pic's??

Would love to see pics. I found that the Impala interior does fit the body but it seem to be wider at the bottom. I am going to shave the base on the interior in so the door panels go straight up and down instead of leaning in. The interior in resin and on the original are pathetic. It is all molded together. It leaves no room for painting let alone detailing. I was also thinking about opening the doors.

Progress is slow but is still going. I have scribed all the panel lines and and removed excess plastic from the grill. I put my first coat of primer on and did it in grey so I can see all the blemish's, almost all of the primer will be sanded off and everything should be close to being smooth and all my nicks from scribing should than be covered up. I did not take the hood off yet as it keeps the body more stable while sanding. I still have to sand down the grill and add the slats for my custom grill. Than the whole thing needs to be sanded smooth before it goes to "chrometech". Here are a few more pics just to keep an update going. Remember we are in the rough stages.

DSCN1796_zps12ded0b8.jpg

DSCN1797_zpsbd54f91b.jpg

DSCN1798_zps87355261.jpg

The more I look at it the more I know I have to sharpen out those wings!! It looks like the side of the wings were sanded too much also so I will be adding some styrene to both sides filling in my lines I just scribed and starting out all over again. This is what discourages me. MAJOR REDO

• 6 months later...

I know it has been a long time since I started this post but here we go. I decided that I wanted the hardtop on it and make it look like the one in the pic. After I ended up pointed up the fins on the rear i got another warped body and took the roof off and put it on here. I shaved the door handles and got it primed and the body painted. I am still working on the grille but it is getting closer. I have so many projects going on but I will try to keep you updated. Thanks

DSCN2419_zpsd8f31d93.jpg

DSCN2418_zps5e0664c5.jpg

DSCN2143_zps692a2d2a.jpg

DSCN2142_zps49aff617.jpg

DSCN2141_zps908d4f74.jpg

Mark,

Your workmanship on this one is first rate. To me the roof you are using looks like a sedan doof with the pillars removed, instead of the hardtop roof. The best '59-'60 GM hardtop roof out ther is from the Revell '60 Chevrolet Impala. I plan to transplant one of them onto a Trumpeter Pontiac Bonneville 2-Door Hardtop, as their roof is far from accurate.