Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ken Hamilton Book

Jim B

No offense taken, Tony. Advances in building methods over the last 10+ years, and the rapid fllow of that information over the internet, has indeed made much of the book's information obsolete, so I can't blame anybody who's disappointed after spending a ton of money to get a copy.

Thanks for the kind words...........

Ken

Just my 2 cents...I paid out the butt for it, oh well, I still think it's a credible info stash. My wife and I both talked to Ken, what a great guy!! We've been diggin your builds for a long time now. I still gotta get a soldering gun to build my dang shopping cart!!!!! Any more cool things like that comming??? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

The price for the books in unbelievable, but then there's the $50 in shipping.

I did manage to find a copy of Ken's book at a reasonable price. Now it's just the Waiting Game until it shows up. I'm hoping that it's a good civilian compliment to Shep Paine's book.

And $49.50 postage to get them from Europe.

Postage is $7.76 if you buy it in US. Just scroll down to 'Shipping and handling' and change destination country.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230728671440?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D230728671440%26_sacat%3D0%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#shId

Harald

I whole heartedly agree with Dave Zinn's sentiment on the book. I still get lots of enjoyment (and ideas) out of it. I will always treasure my copy and it's signed for pete's sake!

For those of us who know Ken and stay up to date with his Fotki archives, he's been working on The Arcade diorama for a couple of years now and he is thinking of unveiling it at this next NNL East, which is yet another great reason to start planning to attend.

I agree with you 100% Doc. His latest dio work is unbelievable!

More great inspiration and ideas for our own projects. Especially that three storey building and the truck.... Oh, what the ****! All of them!!!!

If you're reading this Ken....... thanks for posting these progress pictures on Fotki. I'm checking each one with a microscope.

Tony

Tony, Ken is a generous builder, friend, and a true inspiration to all of us. He's one of those builders who really likes to feed everyone their daily allowance of eye candy, which is why he keeps his Fotki archives open for all of us to enjoy, so I hope more folks run on over there and check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi All,

It looks like this thread has become a little long in the tooth and I too have looked around for you book Ken and have found the cost way high so thanks for the insight. Can anyone suggest any other pubs for someone new in the realm of dioramas? I have found some sites on the internet but I'm looking for some good beginner helpful hints for diorama building.

Thanks

John