Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Galaxie Ltd. '46 - '48 Chevrolet Aerosedan

MikeMc

VERY nice work on that sedan delivery, Mike.

Which Metallizer did you use for the headlight retaining rings? It looks close enough to kit chrome to work well for the small parts.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks for the kind comment, Charlie. I used MM "aluminum plate" buffing metalizer in the rattlecan for the headlight bezels- it has the best chrome appearance IMO

Edited by Mike_G

I have both kits, and have not built them yet, only because I have not decided on the build. I have seeen a couple built up, and they are exquisite. There was a sedan delivery not too far from me, which I would have liked to built a replica of, but the guy moved away. That said, these kits are among the best detailed out of the box kits I have ever seen. I have built several different brands of model cars, some good kits and some bad, but to malign this one does not make any sense to me.

Has anybody else had a problem with at least one of the rear bumper mounts being broken? In all but two I've opened, they were that way.

Neither of mine were broken to start with, but I managed to break them myself without too much effort.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

laxie_47areosedanboxart_final3-vi.jpg

How is it that the "Hot Rod" version shows the lower wood trim correctly overlapping the flared our lower door/quarter panel edge, yet the stock version show the lower edge of the trim incorrectly ending at the crease just before the flare? :blink: Were there two (or more?) different type of these aftermarket trim sets? I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) whoever designed the extra wood trim pieces for this reissue based them on an Engineered Enterprises trim kit, but it seems odd the custom version drawing would show the correct trim, while the stock versions, and the kit's parts, are close but not quite correct.

There was only one 2-door Fleetline Aerosedan offered in 1947, and according to my research, it included the three lines of exterior trim (included as metal transfers in the previous issue) as well as the trim piece at the very bottom of the fenders/rocker panel. I guess Galaxie Ltd was sort of stuck since there could only be one version of this specific model from the start, but touting a stock version with no provision for including the stock trim seems like an odd decision.