Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius `65 Plymouth Satellite

wow! revell better be looking over their shoulders, they have some serious competition heading their way! looks like moebius will be getting most of my money now.

Yep,

Other than the hudson, I want MULTIPLES of each shown

No idea a 61'Catalina was coming or the Satellite!,some great stuff coming out this year! I've never bought any moebius kits before,but with some of releases they have planned I can see at least 10 -12 kits in my future :)

I think I was standing there when that shot was snapped!

Dave was explaining that the people doing the tool are a German engineering firm known for doing the masters for VERY high end die cast pieces. I'm sure details will be forthcoming. I only spoke with him briefly. The Catalina, Satellite, and Hudson coupe were some well-kept secrets. Wow… an actual surprise in this day & age of immediate streaming info….

I see a sudden increase of Super Stock & Altered Wheelbase builds next winter. ;)

The comet and the Satellite for sure, and maybe even the new Hudson. Now lets hope they do something like some 60's and 70's era AMC cars. Imagine a Javelin or Rebel Machine kit with the quality that comes out of Moebius. :rolleyes:

Definitely looking forward to the '65 Plymouth and the previously announced '61 Pontiacs and '65 Comet. From the pics posted in the NNL East thread and the one above, it looks like they may be doing 2 different '54 Hudsons--2dr Club Sedan and 2dr Club Coupe..

Just a quick note: there is no German engineering firm, We are working with a factory in China that has done design for high end collectibles sold by a German firm.

Thanks,

Dave

Sorry for the mis-information. I went from our brief conversation and my shoddy memory…. sorry!

I'm surprised that there's a '61 Catalina in the mix!! That's big news to me as I was just expecting the Ventura. I may pick up both of them as I've been impressed with their '56 Chrysler 300B which I picked up not long ago. I do hope they get that bubbletop roofline right on the Ponchos...........IMO no one has ever done that totally correct, and that includes the original annuals. :rolleyes:

That's funny...a few months ago, I sprung $$$$$ for the MCW Satellite and a '64 Plymouth for the parts. I'll have a $70.00 car when I get done.

I said when I got it, watch, now that I'm getting the resin car, some company will announce a kit. :)

Now the only grails I have are a '68 Dodge Coronet, and a '66 Dodge Coronet 500.

Edited by Randytheroadrunner