Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for a resin '55 or '56 Mercury

I'm looking for a resin '55 or '56 Mercury body. The Modelhaus one is very nice but too costly since I'm turning it into a custom. The R&R Vacuum Craft I'm hesitant to buy sight unseen.

How good are the Hendrix ones and who sells them? Or can anyone suggest an alternate source. I know Big Sky Resins had one some years ago, while it was nice I know someone who had problems with it and wound up grafting a '56 Ford roof onto it.

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,

have You considered buying just the body and bumpers from the Modelhaus and scratch building the rest? I've been thinking about doing it myself, since their castings beat the others in quality and fit and finish. I am sure You've got the talent to tackle something similar. The bodies themselves don't cost an arm and a leg. This might save You a lot of time, so that You don't have to fix a lousy casting. Since You are building a custom, the interior could come from a donor kit.

Hi Bob the R&R and Hendrex are all from Star Models.I have gotten over 50 kits from Steve at star over the last 4 years and he has some very nice kits and he stands behind them very good to work with.Modelhaus also has top of the line products I by all my chrome and glass and bodys from them they to are very nice to work with.Ckeck out the

star models.Rick. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...