Model Cars Magazine Forum

I also do some aircraft as well. Here is a Tamiya A-10. I didn't like the cockpit in this so I grafted the cockpit from the Revell kit in place. The diorama is meant to suggest he is flying above the desert floor above a convoy of military vehicles. Yes, the trucks were all scratched. All five can fit on your fingernail. The mountains are cast plaster rocks from the model railroad department. Enjoy the pics.

583-1.jpg

584-1.jpg

585-1.jpg

586-1.jpg

587-1.jpg

Great Warthog, Robiwon! The Tamiya kit is a classic. I built one around 87 or 88 and airbrushed the Europe-1 lizard scheme; really proud of the way it turned out. Then glossed it, decaled it, and sprayed Testors Dullcoat on it and the surface textured up and looked like moon craters. Haven't bought a can of Testors Dullcoat since, and never will again!

Thanks again guys. The Tamiya kit I hear is actually based on the A-10 prototype and the Revell is the production craft. I did not like how the Revell kit can only be built with an open canopy and decelerons open. Not good for an in-flight display. However, the Revell kit had a better cockpit. I kit bashed the Revell tub into the Tamiya airframe. It wasn't hard but it wasn't easy either. Oh, I scratched the rocket tube launcher under the wing out of aluminum tubing. The Vulcan canon on the nose was also scratched out of aluminum tubing. The kit piece was just little plastic nubs.