Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sketch Pad Art

Jairus

That one is most beautiful!! I absolutly love it!! Wow!! Sice I enjoy drawing and getting into spray paint art and starting to use my airbrush, I can see I havs of drawing and practicing to do!! someday, I want to do art work by airbrush like this and also artwark on cars tanks and helmets. Thanks. Jody

Amazing pics that's fer sure gregg and Harry. By any chance do any of you have some pics of the '56 Packard? I would like to see some or one especially of the rear end and also the grill. If not, then oh well. Thanks, Dan

Edited by 59 Chevy Impala

Amazing pics that's fer sure gregg and Harry. By any chance do any of you have some pics of the '56 Packard? I would like to see some or one especially of the rear end and also the grill. If not, then oh well. Thanks, Dan

The easiest way to get pix of a '56 Packard is to do a Google image search. You'll find tons of them...

Mike, I have done many PT Cruiser illustrations. This is my fav... but the one's you are probably thinking about were in the July-August 2000 issue. that was wwwaaaaaayyyy back when Revell first issued that snap kit.

PTsurfwoody72dpi-vi.jpg

Incidentally, I did this for Johnny Lightning couple months ago. If you guys want a signed copy.... just click on the picture.

P1010025-vi.jpg

Jairus

How about this:

quarterhorse-vi.jpg

That is my interpretation of what a "Quarter Horse" might have looked like had Ford produced it. For the uninitiated, the Quarter horse was a version of the Mustang that was considered to compete with Shelby in 1969. A few prototypes were built and of course it was never produced, but this is what I thought it might have looked like.

Edit: Thought I would add just one more "Horse". Did this one for Lightning Lane... a collector site for White Lightning JL nuts. This image was printed on a special order of JL mustangs with the tampo print matching the illustration. Tampos were designed by someone else... I just did the illustration.

Lightninglanemustangproof-vi.jpg

:D

Edited by Jairus

How about this:

quarterhorse-vi.jpg

That is my interpretation of what a "Quarter Horse" might have looked like had Ford produced it. For the uninitiated, the Quarter horse was a version of the Mustang that was considered to compete with Shelby in 1969. A few prototypes were built and of course it was never produced, but this is what I thought it might have looked like.

Edit: Thought I would add just one more "Horse". Did this one for Lightning Lane... a collector site for White Lightning JL nuts. This image was printed on a special order of JL mustangs with the tampo print matching the illustration. Tampos were designed by someone else... I just did the illustration.

Lightninglanemustangproof-vi.jpg

:D

Jairus, I love the looks of the Quater Horse. That body has always looked lean and mean to me. Got anything in the form of a Foxbody?

• 4 weeks later...

Jairus-

Thanks for posting the drawing of your 60 Starliner. I know that I keep saying I'll send a photo of the build....and I will.

I also noticed the other day that another of my "In Progress" builds is one of your sketches. It is the 70 1/2 Camaro convertible. Both builds are about 85% completed. Thanks again for sharing your ideas.

Later-

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Jairus!

Didn't you do a '78-'87 El Camino/Grand Am a few years back for a Hot Rod Mag sketchpad? There was a Volare/Aspen, a Mercury Zephyr, and a 'could have been' based on then-staffer Jeff Koch's old Caprice (or was it an Impala?). Have you ever done a similar El Co morph, only with an Olds nose instead of a Poniac?

Hey, Jairus!

Didn't you do a '78-'87 El Camino/Grand Am a few years back for a Hot Rod Mag sketchpad? There was a Volare/Aspen, a Mercury Zephyr, and a 'could have been' based on then-staffer Jeff Koch's old Caprice (or was it an Impala?). Have you ever done a similar El Co morph, only with an Olds nose instead of a Poniac?

Chuck, yes I did the '78 front Pontiac clip on an El Camino. Can't lay my hands on the original this moment... but never tried the Olds nose. Of course it would work since all in that family used the same front doors and cowl sheetmetal. Incidentally, I saw a few years ago just that car in 1/1. It was a guy at an Arco station gassing up his "Olds-Camino". Wish I had had my camera... but it was pretty neat to see. He was an older guy who just wanted to replace the damage sheetmetal and no suitable Chevrolet front clips were available... so he went with an Olds. It was a Survivor of course because the paint didn't really match. But neat to see non-the-less. ;)

Chuck, yes I did the '78 front Pontiac clip on an El Camino. Can't lay my hands on the original this moment... but never tried the Olds nose. Of course it would work since all in that family used the same front doors and cowl sheetmetal. Incidentally, I saw a few years ago just that car in 1/1. It was a guy at an Arco station gassing up his "Olds-Camino". Wish I had had my camera... but it was pretty neat to see. He was an older guy who just wanted to replace the damage sheetmetal and no suitable Chevrolet front clips were available... so he went with an Olds. It was a Survivor of course because the paint didn't really match. But neat to see non-the-less. B)

I once saw a '78 Monte Carlo with a '78 Olds Cutlass nose for sale in the local auto trader. It looked, well, like a Monte with a Cutlass nose slapped on. I never checked on it, but I can only imagine this guy's reasons were the same as the owner of the Olds Camino you saw. Man, I wish you'd had your camera with you at the time, too- and I'm sure many other guys would agree!

• 1 month later...