Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not sure why but I love old tractors.

Yeah, aren't they cool? I wonder if there's a kit for this one. We had a lot of different little tractors for working on the ranches back then. This one is a real survivor I guess. But as I remember, it didn't get used much...especially after most of the land got sold off for a small housing project. That sure paid better than plums and pears.

• 4 weeks later...

Tom I'd love to get my hands on that kit. I never knew it existed till now . Now I have another end of the earth search. What scale is that?

It is 1/20 scale.

One that was built with some broken parts recently went off ebay for $164.00

Good Luck.

One of these days... I have a big idea for a project in mind to scratchbuild one of these in 1:25 scale.

IMG_63311-vi.jpg

It's a 1966 Minneapolis Moline G1000 with an aftermarket cab. I think I can rob the tires from one of Ertl's tractor kits, but pretty much everything else will have to be conjured up or HEAVILY modified from other kit pieces.

Edited by Michigan Madman

Harry, He does look like a barbecued alien,lol I was not paying attention when I took those photos, that little guy does not belong with this kit.

Chuck, You might be able to convert the MF tractor to a Moline,it has that type of cab.

Chuck, You might be able to convert the MF tractor to a Moline,it has that type of cab.

The 1155's cab is a little bit larger in all dimensions (having a 1:1 1155 handy helped me out there B) ) but parts of it might be usable. Tires from the Ertl kit are also a bit larger on the back, but close enough to work. The big thing will be the transaxle, the tin, and of course the Long Life MM engine. MM had an engine design all their own for most of their existence.

The 1155's cab is a little bit larger in all dimensions (having a 1:1 1155 handy helped me out there B) ) but parts of it might be usable. Tires from the Ertl kit are also a bit larger on the back, but close enough to work. The big thing will be the transaxle, the tin, and of course the Long Life MM engine. MM had an engine design all their own for most of their existence.

I would have thought the MF1155 was about the same size as the G1000 but I have never see the two next to each other. You could go big scale, Ertl made the G1000 in 1/16 scale diecast.

The G1000 has not been made for years and are quite pricey now. Spec-cast is making a very nice 1355 and 955 but they look like a different design.

Is the cab on that a Hiniker? Ertl has made several 1/16 tractors with that cab.

The 955 and 1355 were products of WFE meddling with it's 'heritage' brands. They were basically MM's Long Life engine and front axle mated to Oliver's transaxle and three-point system, a design which debuted with the first White-branded farm tractor. The 1355 was sold in White, Oliver, and Cockshutt livery as the 2270, and the 955 was also sold by Oliver and Cockshutt. They were the last trace of MM's engines, as White Motor Company did not believe in building their own engines. After the old names were dropped in favor of White, WFE bought its engines from outside manufacturers.

The cab on my G1000 is from Full Vision, Inc. I'm not sure if it was made by Hiniker, produced under licence, or anything like that, but it does look very similar. Not sure how they'd compare size-wise, though.