Model Cars Magazine Forum

'56 Chevy Dirt Track car...some guy I know.

roadhawg

Thanks again, all! John...I actually have built other cars from my past...a '68 GTX my dad had, the Chevy truck I towed this race car with, a '67 Camaro my sister had, other race cars I remember from the 70s and 80s...this kind of stuff is what made modeling fun for me again. Got many more planned too, it's just a matter of getting time to do them all! Lol.

Greg....yes, I think I do need to add some more weathering around the motor, and I just noticed that cowl vent needs a wash too....but my dad made us keep the body as clean as possible! He always said "they might forget who won, but they'll always remember two things....the one that put on the best show, and the one with the purtiest car, and just in case you don't put on a good show, lets make sure the car is purty!"

I have a question though...what's up with the small wheel/tire on the front left and the bigger one on the right? Something to do with circle racing?

Yes, almost everybody was doing it at the time. It was thought that a small tire on the left front would put more weight on the left front, causing the car to be looser. In the years since then, I've learned that on an independent front suspention, it was pretty much a waste of time, lol. But you know racing...monkey see, monkey do!