Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chrysler 300

smellyfatdude

My interpretation of the Moebius kit. At the suggestion of member fury3, I decided to post this here. I'm new here myself, though some of you may recognize my name from that "other" forum. If not, well I'm just another model car nut, like yourselves. :lol:
Krylon satin almond on the roof, Tamiya metallic blue on the body, and several coats of Rustoleum clear. Model Master flat tan on the inside. I wanted to capture the look of a car, "restored to taste", with the only deviation from stock being simply a color change. I have to say the kit was a joy to build, fit and finish wise.

finished-i001_zpsca1604c4.jpg

finished-o021m_zps02bb1980.jpg

finished-o017m_zpscd6802e9.jpg

finished-o011m_zpsc79386e0.jpg

finished-o009m_zps4034ed70.jpg

finished-o007m_zps22e33508.jpg

finished-o001m_zps3286318e.jpg

Thanks Jantrix, CrazyGirl and timc. Sadly, I only have two options for taking pics right now. Indoors with less than optimum lighting, or finding something outside to set them on that's actually high enough to stick out of the snow. Not a lot of that outdoors, as the Canadian prairies is still firmly in the grip of old man winter. Here are some more of the indoor shots I took.

06a_zps6c02f291.jpg

05a_zps9c273ad8.jpg

04a_zpsc9ed73f5.jpg

03a_zps386dc5f6.jpg

02a_zpsba0ec0c9.jpg

chassis003m_zpsf0c4d5a8.jpg

chassis002ms_zpsa099976d.jpg

Jeepers that's a clean build. That dash is amazing. Yeah, Darcy, I don't think you'll be anonymous here very long.

Dang, I guess trying to hide out here from those alien abductors wasn't the swiftest idea. :o

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Edited by smellyfatdude

I'm glad somebody talked you into posting this! I love the color combination you chose and it looks like you've done some nice paint detailing on the engine and interior.

Welcome to the board. I hope we'll get to see more of your work soon.

Darcy, guess I'm not as well known any more (or needed). Haven't posted on the "other forum" since the infamous July 2012 update. The Chrysler Division should have offered a wider exterior color selection on the C-300, as your build proves. I suppose they were trying to keep the vehicle "exclusive" with the limited color selections. Maybe it made sense in 1955 (?). Not to me. I can appreciate you unique outside trash container posing. The outside lighting makes for a big improvement compared to the indoor lighting. I'm positive that Virgil Exner would approve of your presentation! Fury3

Edited by fury3