Model Cars Magazine Forum

Japanese Aoshima Truck Kits....Some Favorites of Mine

Until I started travelling on both business as well as vacations, I didn't give a lot of thought to foreign trucks, but I must admit, I now really 'love-em-all'.

Aoshima 1/32 Japanese truck kits are somewhat overpriced, and they're rather simple builds (no significant engine detail or tilting cabs etc.) but the mold quality is second to none......smooth crisp molding with no sink marks, excellent fit, and high quality plating and glazing.

I wait for bargains to come along on ebay and, ultimately, I find these very satisfying kits to build.

The main effort on these kits is in the paint detail....window gaskets and grill/trim detail etc.

I've generally used automotive basecoat/clearcoat for the main bodies, with Humbrol, Testors, and Tamiya for trim and small details.

P7010002-1.jpg

Isuzu Giga tractor with modified trailer and added gladhand air lines etc.

P7010012-1.jpg

Fuso 'Super Great' (actual name of vehicle) dump truck

P7010016-1.jpg

Hino side opening van

P7010017-1.jpg

P7060021.jpg

Isuzu dump truck

P7010019-1.jpg

Older style Hino van

P7010014-001.jpg

Medium duty Isuzu 'drop-side' flatbed

P7020037.jpg

The Isuzu Giga Dump truck posed with a lighter duty Hino 'Cruising Ranger' dump truck

I promised myself (and off course the wife :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) I would stay to 1:24/25 otherwise I would have a lot of these kits in 1:32. Now I'm limited to the Mitsuwa Fuse and Hino. Maybe we could try to get Aoshime to make 1:24/25 kits as well.

Hessel

I promised myself (and off course the wife :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) I would stay to 1:24/25 otherwise I would have a lot of these kits in 1:32. Now I'm limited to the Mitsuwa Fuse and Hino. Maybe we could try to get Aoshime to make 1:24/25 kits as well.

Hessel

I just buy and build what I like....in any scale. My collection is all over the map in both origin and scale.

You've done an excellent job building those kits!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been thinking about getting one or two of those. The detail on the parts is very crisp. It's too bad they don't have the full engine detail.

Also Beautys!

Love these too.

I have one of the "Decotora" Truck kits.

I am looking at building it Standard, but the orange interior & Chassis do not go well with the

Metallic red cab!!

I do watch for these on the 'bay, but VERY Few US sellers ever have them.

All are from Tokyo Hobby, Go-Boy Store, Tom-China, or other Japan/China store

I can't play with those. Have to pay by Money Order, or Cash on pickup!

• 4 months later...