Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chevy 2 outlaw updates 02/10/13

tyrone

Thanks Rick.... I got some clear on the chassis... and I also started making a new hood..I'm thingking I'm gonna go with the scoop...I shot a coat of primer on to see how the rear quarters are coming, just a little more work to do to them.... more to come

019.jpg

021.jpg

025-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

Thanks fellas, and NIko thanks for the pics.... I've started working on the engine... I got the distributor and wires done and have been doing a little painting... I've been giving this alclad thing a try again lately, and it seems to be going o.k. I used it on the headers, valve covers, pedals inside the car.. and the enigne ... I've also got the rack and pinion in, and I added bolt heads to the rear tubbs,, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

Not to put a damper on it, have you tried the windshield with the hood on it yet? It looks like the rear of the scoop is to far into the glass opening. Just something I noticed.

This is a awesome build!!!! Like where it is going, I'll be watching!!!!!

Thanks alot fellas.. I really appreciate the feedback...

Kerry.. I still have a bit of work still to do with the hood scoop combo... I just stopped where I am with that until I get the front glass cut out and fitted, then I can make sure it sits flush against the windshield... I think I'm gonna end having to trim the opening a little more towards the front of the cowl hood area...

Edgar.. you're right... Ive been debating on which way to go.. I think I'm gonna fill it in...

Charlie.. thanks alot man.. you're products are what make these nitrous engines come to life..I love your demon carbs..and everything else too.. If you look closely I have your bolt head details.. all over here too...

No sweat Kerry... Alright fellas.. I got some work done on this one today.. I got thr front rotors, calipers, and brakes lines and hoses done tonight I also got the coil mounted on the firewall.. thanks for looking and comments welcome.... 002-5.jpg005-2.jpg006-3.jpg008-4.jpg011-1.jpg