Model Cars Magazine Forum

Canepa KW, new project

thanks guys, that sleeper was a royal pain.

Dennis, it's testors lacquer clear, at work now, i'll post the product number later on, it's ultra gloss or something to that effect. i really like it, you can load it on and it doesn't seem to run/sag or pool up, or maybe i am just getting really lucky :D

Bill that chassis looks great ! Is that flocking I see going on in the cab floor ?

May I offer a suggestion ? Relocate your shifters towards the driver seat. None of the Brownie's I ever drove or worked on was like this. The shifters are normally in alignment with the transmission in a regular cab. I would keep the location of the shifter on the left side of passenger seat and put the other to the right of the driver seat. I dont know why AMT has them there.

Edited by Old Buckaroo

ya, first instinct was 'that ain't right', but then the thought of them never being seen again once installed in the cab prohibited the movement of them, lol.

and yes, that was an attempt at flocking using something that isn't flock. it worked ok, but i have ordered some flock :)

dragging my feet a bit on this one. got the interior almost all painted up on the sleeper, it's looking pretty good I think. been puttering on the tanker trailer for it as well [two builds from heck, go figure], pretty soon though it should all come together.

thanks for following along.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys. Jim, more than once I wanted to shelve this thing, but I just had to keep plugging along at it.

Sean, yes, as soon as I can get my daughter to resize some stuff for me.............don't quite have a handle on that yet, lol.

here's part of the trailer to go with it,

photo_zps76497c5a.jpg