Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 wants to know what you want!

I just left the following with them!..."reissue the Gmc general kit again!....love to get my hands on one!...reissue a kit that has the torsion bar suspension...id grab a few for just the suspension....any pete stuff is alright....come up with some "Modern stuff" in 24/25 scale!....lol"

Bearing in mind that Round 2 also issues and reissues a lot of sci-fi and monster stuff, here's one that seems to be gathering support on their Facebook page. There have been some limited-edition and hugely expensive built models, all hard to find. Disney licensing fees might sink the idea, but I'm in.

Nautilus_zpsbd564d8a.jpg

Interesting that I couldn't find any movie stills online. The Disney copyright police must be doing an excellent job.

Edited by sjordan2

Where to begin its amt and mpc hmmmm

Fox mustang kits 79-86 the king cobra mustang 2. Chevrolet monza kits, any amc kit (although I think johan had the most of them?) Any of the 80's monster truck kits datsun towtruck, thunderbolt one, destroyer etc any and all canonball run vehicles! Fall guy pickup, casle and mcormic, a team, soooo much more is that asking too much?

The problem with asking individuals what kits they want is everybody has their own pet projects. People want to build the <insert year> <insert obscure, off brand car here> that few others would care to have. When you solicit ideas with no constraints you will inevitably end up with a huge list of wildly different ideas and subjects. In short, it's useless. Most people don't look at the situation beyond themselves - "I would love a model of..." - and NOT "here's model will the MOST people want and has multiple building options and opportunities for additional kits.

Just about every thread ever started on this subject gets as many requests as there are posts.

That being said, I will go on their FB site and request something with four doors and a wagon of some sort as well as a mid-seventies economy car that wasn't even popular when new.

The problem with asking individuals what kits they want is everybody has their own pet projects. People want to build the <insert year> <insert obscure, off brand car here> that few others would care to have. When you solicit ideas with no constraints you will inevitably end up with a huge list of wildly different ideas and subjects. In short, it's useless. Most people don't look at the situation beyond themselves - "I would love a model of..." - and NOT "here's model will the MOST people want and has multiple building options and opportunities for additional kits.

Just about every thread ever started on this subject gets as many requests as there are posts.

That being said, I will go on their FB site and request something with four doors and a wagon of some sort as well as a mid-seventies economy car that wasn't even popular when new.

Right on !! They would be better off giving us a list of subjects and taking votes. Votes at hobby stores, votes at model events and votes on the internet.

That cannot be a real facebook page, my filter blocks access to facebook unless it is turned off, and it is not off, and I had access to that page. I would beware of it.

That cannot be a real facebook page, my filter blocks access to facebook unless it is turned off, and it is not off, and I had access to that page. I would beware of it.

Think you're onto something with that link... I just clicked on it & it sent me to "Install Messenger for Facebook" & hundreds of random peoples statuses! Nothing to do with Round 2's F/Book page.