Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old guy new to modeling

Greetings and salutations. My name is Tim. I'm 41, living in the Lexington, ky area and I want to start modeling. I just wanted to say hi and apologize in advance for any stupid questions I may ask. Can anyone tell me if there is a modelers club in the lexington area? I'm looking forward to getting a ton of info from the forum.

Thanks again,

Tim.

Welcome Tim! There are some great clubs in yuor area, and several shows that are not going to be far from you throughout the year as well. Do not worry about stupid questions. Ask away. The nice thing about the online community, is that feedback is quick, and your learning curve and be quickly smoothed out.

Enjoy!

There are a couple shows a year in Indianapolils, one is put on by Hoosier Model Car Assoc, and the other by Circle City Modelers, both are pretty good sized shows. There is one coming up next month is put on by HMCA, here are the details

Sat, 5/03/2014

The oldest and largest model car swap meet in Indiana. More than 20 judged classes in contest. $50 cash award to Best in Show winner.

511 E.Thompson Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46227
United States
Contact Information
Swap Meet: Dave Williams, 317-322-1852 or indyhmca@hotmail.com

Contest: Duane Tripp, 317-421-1453 or DCT2136@aol.com

Times
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Admission Fees
Swap meet $2 (kids under 12 free)
Swap meet tables - $20
Contest admission - free
Contest entries - $3 for 1st model, $1 each additional
Description
2014 Theme: 50 Years of Mustangs
Easy access from the interstate

The other club in town is, but I do not have details of their next show at this time.

Club Name
Circle City Modelers
Address
335 Sierra Court
Indianapolis, Indiana 46234
United States
Phone
317-271-5486

Well, Tim, you've already offended me. When someone arrives here and claims to be an "old guy" I expect that person to be older than I am. So, you whippersnapper, you'd better break out the apologies and pronto. I mean, I'm only halfway to one hundred!

Anyway, I'll forgive you in advance. And I'll graciously welcome you to the forum. There really is an invaluable wealth of modeling information here and most of us are pretty helpful when we want to be.