Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Received this today. Been wanting to build one of these weird things for a while. Just a body for one of the Revell top fuel dragster kits. Anyone build one of these ?

cobraphone--newproject002_zpsff1ded0b.jp

I did, Ray.

I used the Gary Ormsby fuel dragster for the chassis & engine, etc. Rattle can paint, plumbed & wired.

It never fails to draw attention!!

It's a fun build up, but pay close attention to the fit of the body over and around your engine ~ especially the blower/injector/hat and the headers. Even with a lot of test-fitting during chassis construction, I ended up with some unpleasant surprises after the body was painted and prepped, when it was time to fit everything together.

DanBakertest1-vi.jpg

It's in the Contest Issue of Model Cars Magazine.

1st_Place_Super_Star_Liner_Dan_Baker-2.J

I did, Ray.

I used the Gary Ormsby fuel dragster for the chassis & engine, etc. Rattle can paint, plumbed & wired.

It never fails to draw attention!!

It's a fun build up, but pay close attention to the fit of the body over and around your engine ~ especially the blower/injector/hat and the headers. Even with a lot of test-fitting during chassis construction, I ended up with some unpleasant surprises after the body was painted and prepped, when it was time to fit everything together.

DanBakertest1-vi.jpg

It's in the Contest Issue of Model Cars Magazine.

1st_Place_Super_Star_Liner_Dan_Baker-2.J

You have to see it in person

Mini splits are the way to go for shops and hobby rooms. I assume that's what your talking about.

I have no idea what a mini split is, Josh. All I know is that my unit throws heat or cool depending on where I turn the dial.. It was less than $200.00 at Home Depot when I bought it several years ago. By the way, the unit measures 24" wide/18" tall/ 18" deep.

Thanks, Jonathan and G! I appreciate the kind words. -_-

BTW, Ray, mine came with both a resin nosepiece and a white metal (pewter) nosepiece. I didn't take the time to polish the metal one. I painted the resin piece with a great chrome paint, the Ace Metallic Mirror Finish Chrome.

As I mentioned, it gets a LOT of attention! B)

Thanks, Jonathan and G! I appreciate the kind words. -_-

BTW, Ray, mine came with both a resin nosepiece and a white metal (pewter) nosepiece. I didn't take the time to polish the metal one. I painted the resin piece with a great chrome paint, the Ace Metallic Mirror Finish Chrome.

As I mentioned, it gets a LOT of attention! B)

That is one wild build ! Looks great ! I hope mine comes out half as good. I did not get a resin nose piece just the pewter one.

Popped over to the LHS at lunch and picked up the June Revell new releases--'69 Camaro ZL1, '77 Smokey & The Bandit Firebird T/A, and '99 Expedition Police (plan to kitbash this one w/ the Lightning PU).

Edit: Opened them up the check the parts tonight..

The Camaro has a separate bag w/ the steel wheels, wheel backs, and hubcaps. The chrome tree for the RS/SS is included w/ the RS grille and Rally wheels.

The Expedition was a surprise--not just new decals--but a lot of new police parts, incl. the wheels, grille, interior parts, antennas, roof light, push bar, etc.

The Firebird looks good--a styrene version of the diecast version from about 10 years ago. Never had that one, but heard it was nice. Nice set of snowflake wheels.

Edited by Rob Hall

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...