Model Cars Magazine Forum

anybody else see it?

don`t know why started thinkin bout this. been drivin truck around calif. and parts unknown! since early 70s (still am). any way back in late 70s early 80s used to see a truck runnin around that was a cab over with long nose hood, cab sat low on chassis so top of hood was even w/where top of c/o grill would have been. never caught the guy on the ground so, never talk to him about it. any way just wonderin if anybody else from back then saw it.

back in the 70's there was a guy out here in eastern pa.he used to build all kinds of crazy trucks.he built a truck using 2 coe gmc astro cabs,he welded them together.then put a conventional gmc hood on it.it was black with a mural painted on it .he called it the long horn.it even had the bull horns on the hood.it was too long to run around here with it.so he sold it to somebody out west from what i heard.the truck was pretty well known.i'm wondering if thats the truck your talking about.

After seeing that picture, I had to build it. It was so ugly it was beautiful. I have never been able to find another picture of it anywhere other than the one above. I substituted a Cummins for the DD in the kit, mainly because of the heat shield on the right side of the hood. That would only be appropriate for the turbo that was positioned there on a Cummins or Cat engine. I like Cummins so that's what I used. Other than that, I used the AMT KW COE kit.

Here is a pic of it mocked up while I was building it.

post-2277-0-53068400-1364482336_thumb.jp

I seen something of the sorts back about 7 years ago in Hutchinson KS at the "Big M" (The Big Mistake) truck stop. A menagerie of parts not painted the same. What my thoughts were at the time I cant post being a family site.

A true to form D.O.T magnet

Guest G Holding

No....not any more....Went south for work :huh:

My daughter is in Jersey....and will drive sometimes :wub:

Pat or Geno ?

Edited by G Holding

• 2 weeks later...