Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dr.Cranky's 3 day weekend build #2 .Feb 18,19 & 20 th

ranma

I sincerely hope you will let me join in at this late stage - I know Rob enjoyed the last one ;)

I have a build that stalled more than a year ago, a Sox & Martin 'Cuda that had a major stuff up on one side - the red partly lifted with the masking tape :angry:

I have just re-applied the red so the kit has moved back to the top of the build pile. I think this CBP has inspired me to complete it :D

A couple of points, it's not a three day weekend here in NZ (that was last weekend :rolleyes:) and of course timewise we are ahead of you.

Permission to start my build tomorrow (Friday) night?

Here's where the S&M stands at the moment, body painted but stripe yet to be applied to hood. Still needs work, and no prep has been carried out on any other parts (if I can find them!!)

005-19.jpg

004-14.jpg

Edited by maltsr

I sincerely hope you will let me join in at this late stage - I know Rob enjoyed the last one ;)

I have a build that stalled more than a year ago, a Sox & Martin 'Cuda that had a major stuff up on one side - the red partly lifted with the masking tape :angry:

I have just re-applied the red so the kit has moved back to the top of the build pile. I think this CBP has inspired me to complete it :D

A couple of points, it's not a three day weekend here in NZ (that was last weekend :rolleyes:) and of course timewise we are ahead of you.

Permission to start my build tomorrow (Friday) night?

Here's where the S&M stands at the moment, body painted but stripe yet to be applied to hood. Still needs work, and no prep has been carried out on any other parts (if I can find them!!)

005-19.jpg

004-14.jpg

I love that sox and Martin car. That wood be sweet to see in this group.

OK, I am going to go with something totally different from my usual American Automobile builds.

A Ferrari F430. That's right I said it. It is the Revell kit though.

I'll have to start mine this evening as well. I won't have much time on Monday to dedicate to this. So I will be trying to wrap this up by Sunday.

The the games begin.

I am dropping out of this. I was building a 99 silverado and I opened the kit today to find out that the front windshield has a big scratch in it. I'm putting this kit to the side for now. I'm going to order a new front windshield from revell. Maybe next time I can join in.

All-righty then, time to get started.

Inspiration for my build

DSC01023.jpg

Over view of parts etc

Overviewofparts-1.jpg

Going to start with adapting the pegasus wheels to kit parts,then lower it a bit.

Once thats done il clean up and prep the body for a prime,which should be a good start to the day.

Will post some mock up pics after the ride height is set.

Edited by Cool Hand

That's gonna be cool Luke :D

I'm a couple of hours ahead of you but have had interruptions this morning.

Got everything primed, painted the blue stripe on the hood/scoop, then realised it would have to be extended to the grill. More masking of the body, but got it done OK.

Quick light sanding and a polish before applying BMF around windows, followed by decals, only one side done so far!

007-10.jpg

Edited by maltsr

Looks great Paul. Geeze, just as shiney as all of the others you have made. :lol:

I have just washed and sanded down the body of the little Ferrari. Letting the primer setup for awhile here and hope to get the color on her tonight. Will post a couple of pictures shortly.

Rob

Taking a break from decals after completing the driver's side. Still need to apply the narrow white stripes near the edges of the blue stripes - these are on the Slixx decal sheet.

Turning now to the engine, which will only be partly detailed. I discovered last night that the block has holes in it for the 'front axle' :huh: and too late to change motors at this late stage.

Onwards and upwards!

That's gonna be cool Luke :D

I'm a couple of hours ahead of you but have had interruptions this morning.

Got everything primed, painted the blue stripe on the hood/scoop, then realised it would have to be extended to the grill. More masking of the body, but got it done OK.

Quick light sanding and a polish before applying BMF around windows, followed by decals, only one side done so far!

007-10.jpg

your doing my favorite mopar a a real justice. That paint and decals are perfect.

Paul the body of your build looks real nice ,clean and shiny for sure.

Got the wheels temporarily mounted and ride height set

undercarriage-2.jpg

rideheightmockupa.jpg

rideheightmockup.jpg

Now onto the prep work.

That looks sweet so far.