Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Is Black '69 Camaro

W-409

This was built to 2012 Gumball Rally Community Build. Finished Yesterday. :rolleyes:

It started out as Monogram's Camaro Glue Bomb. Body needed more work than I originally thought, so that's why it took so long. But overall it was a lot of fun. My plan was to keep the body as Black as possible, since then it could be harder to see in the Night time. Interior is red, only added parts are the Scratchbuilt Shifter and Register plates, so Polices would be having hard time finding this car.

Engine is Chevy 302 with Cross Ram intake and some added details. See more detailed information about this build from the link: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51560&p=591065

DSCN1615_zps4698cf60.jpg
DSCN1609_zpsf6566d26.jpg
DSCN1610_zps592b3fee.jpg
DSCN1613_zps7dd1d785.jpg
DSCN1614_zps201852ae.jpg

More...

DSCN1618_zps7753358c.jpg
DSCN1620_zps2ec5e4cb.jpg
DSCN1624_zpsbf287733.jpg

Niko, that is awesome and i think that you would have had a real chance at winning. The stance is right for any kind of road you would encounter and 15"wheel and no crazy large tires that you would need to have spares of. Popular Hotrodding magazine had an article almost 20 yrs ago on a 72 camaro that had the same look the owner was a man who ran these clandestine events for real and the car was stout. I would try to find it but i have no clue where in my stash of mags it would be . Sorta glad i didn't finish the daytona you would have gotten me for shure lmbo. congrats again on an awesome build. Michael

Thanks a lot guys! The kind words are really appreciated.

Kevin: The Air Cleaner is one of my favorite parts, too. It turned out better than I originally thought.

Michael: Yeah, I wanted to keep those narrow tires, they just fit nicely to this kind of Road Racer. And for the wheel size, I Never put bigger wheels than 15" on these Classic Cars, just like my signature says. :lol:

Now back to the '65 Rachero.