Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Chevy Truck up date 2/25

• 6 months later...

Ok here are a couple of new pictures of this build. After I soaked the body in some very warm water for a long long time, I got the body pretty straight (I hope). Anyway I added some plastic rod to the fender lips and across the bottom sides of the truck. This should make the fender lip more pronounce.

IMG_1110-vi.jpgIMG_1113-vi.jpg

IMG_1111-vi.jpgIMG_1112-vi.jpg

Very cool! Great to see this build back also, one of the coolest PickUps on the forum. Personally I would leave those Hood Lines there, they just look good. ;) Anyway it would look good without them too, but I like it that way better.

• 2 months later...

Well its been awhile since I have had anything to update on this build. But I did finally get to do some work on it. I cut out an spot in the drivers side fenderwell for a master cylinder. I also made a master cylinder,cause I could not find one I liked. Made it from an assortment of parts. I took the master cylinder from an old build cut the fluid tank off, added a larger mounting flange to the back of it, drilled holes for studs and added plastic rod for the studs, then cut them to size,added some brass tubing for the brake lines, then made a cap out of plastic tubing. It will look better after I clean it up and paint it.

IMG_1131-vi.jpgIMG_1153-vi.jpg

IMG_1154-vi.jpgIMG_1160-vi.jpg

IMG_1162-vi.jpgIMG_1166-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus

I added a seperation line between the inner fenerwells and the body. First I taped off the area then I used the backside of an exacto blade to carve my line. Then I added some putty to make some corrections to my line. Then sanded it and this is what I came up with, may need a liitle more work to finish.

IMG_1156-vi.jpgIMG_1157-vi.jpg

IMG_1159-vi.jpg

Looking awesome. glad to see your back to work on it... I can only dream of having 1,000,000,000th of a % of your talent. But having fun is what is important!

that's what I keep telling myself hehe.

Having fun is what it's all about, and you have more talent than you give yourself credit.