Model Cars Magazine Forum

LA CORVETA AMARILLA C6 R

3men2s

My new project La Corvetta Amarilla, We puertoricans call the vettes, corvetas, other spanish cultures say corvetes,

Anyway enoff with the tomato, tometo thing.

I was so happy Revell made this Corvette. They made the C5 wich is in my closet waiting to be build too, So they have

the base to create the c6. This car is just BAD. TOTAL DOMINATION. Detroned Vipers Shorts Winning seasson and

It's been on top since. Winning championship after championship. The rest just waits for corvette to have a bad day

so they can gwt a piece of the pie. I am a FORD GUY, but must say I Love this car. In my opinion THE BEST CORVETTE

EVER.

This kit is simple, snap like. but with lots of potential if you can detail it right and give it the right stance.

I am going to take advantage that the doors were separated from the body, and will make to open the doors.

I will be making two, oNe box Stock and thje other my way.

DSC00528_zps40da8b10.jpg

will place a carbon fiber here and there

DSC00529_zps950c23fc.jpg

will cut this piece off the door and glue it to body. will glue it now before cutting so fitting is perfect later.

DSC00542_zpsad781fd5.jpg

DSC00546_zps910cc097.jpg

cut this section out

DSC00540_zps2df4276c.jpg

DSC00541_zps540c6fc7.jpg

Edited by 3men2s

My new project La Corvetta Amarilla, We puertoricans call the vettes, corvetas, other spanish cultures say corvetes,

Anyway enoff with the tomato, tomato thing.

I was so happy Revell made this Corvette. They made the C5 wich is in my closet waiting to be build too, So they have

the base to create the c6. This car is just BAD. TOTAL DOMINATION. Detroned Vipers Shorts Winning seasson and

It's been on top since. Winning championship after championship. The rest just waits for corvette to have a bad day

so they can gwt a piece of the pie. I am a FORD GUY, but must say I Love this car. In my opinion THE BEST CORVETTE

EVER.

This kit is simple, snap like. but with lots of potential if you can detail it right and give it the right stance.

I am going to take advantage that the doors were separated from the body, and will make to open the doors.

I will be making two, oNe box Stock and thje other my way.

great intro to set up your build.

Love all the Vette's, and this C6 is down right vicious,

Did some work this past weekend

first put some gloss clear on the carbon fiber engine cover.

DSC00615.jpg

then using carbon fiber decal started detailing the engine bay, will not go crazy just will do

the parts that will show.

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00618.jpgDSC00619.jpg

No Bling in GT

Using clorox, striping the chrome off

DSC00620.jpg

prime and ready for yellow paint

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

decals, the paint I got was master modeler gm yellow, It came out lighter than expected.

will try getting another can to paint the other one closer to original color. sugestions please.

Don't have an air brush to mix paint, has to be from a can.

Edited by 3men2s

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...