Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROADSIDE ATTRACTION COOL PICTURES--YOUR OWN

Hey, folks, just interested in those ULTRA COOL pictures you (YOU!) have taken during trips, walks, drive-throughs, etc . . . of interesting places. They can be about cars, trucks, motorcycles, any type of vehicle or they can just simply be interesting stuff to you.

You know, the PICTURES that perhaps have launched a project or two. It would also be great to see a couple of early pictures in your development as a photographer and then a couple of recent ones just to see how far your eye has traveled. Are there particular themes or motifs you look for. (I keep an eye out for RUST, as you know.)

I will start by taking my own medicine:

Here are a couple of pictures from when I started my roadside attraction addiction (R.A.D):

IMG_5982-vi.jpg

IMG_5983-vi.jpg

And here are a couple of more recent ones . . .

025-vi.jpg

027-vi.jpg

Enjoy and have fun and keep it clean, please. :D :D :D

I found these the other day, they were pretty rough but at least they looked cool. Not great photos but I was surprised to see them just on the side of the road.

e51271b6.jpg

613be011.jpg

a19befdc.jpg

b619f5fe.jpg

And this picture of my truck I just love, it looks so good to me and it's one of the best pictures I've ever taken.

097.jpg

Since I do dioramas of old service stations , here I'll share some shots taken with a 1944 Agfa twin lens camera :

GasOil2.jpg

former Amoco station- it's gone now .............

JessieMooresgarage.jpg

former Atlantic station built in 1930. It ceased to be a service station about 1955. It was a automobile electric shop till 59. It became Moore's Body and Fender, still is .

Ed Shaver

Very cool. I think it helps to be in places where one can still find a lot of these older cars. It's getting harder and harder for me to find roadside eye candy these days when it comes to cars. I get the bad feeling that most of these vehicles are disappearing rather quickly. So, thank you for photographing them.

Ed, you know I'm a sucker for old gas stations too. Share on, everybody.

G,day mate , i got two , first one is of what is suppose to be the first car made in australia . It's a 48-215 holden commonly called a FX holden , the photo was takin many years ago at an outback place called silverton , it's next to broken hill where they filmed mad max .

P1010202.jpg

The second one is of whats left of the fuel depot from mad max 2 .

P1010204.jpg

Cool stuff Jared I'd love that Datsun . Cool find.Dr cranky was that ole brick building a fire house? And what is that metal contraption ?

Shane, believe it or not it was some sort of a bank, and it got refurbished this year, a great surprise that did not please me in the least. I did get a chance to walk into the old vault, but everything got reworked and repainted. It's just not the same.

The other picture is of some sort of shipyard equipment. I have no idea what it is used for.

Thanks.

Oh and BTW, that 50 Ford truck is BEAUTIFUL. Someone should do it in exactly that color. ;):wub:

First roll of 2012 for my crew, 5 acre roadside fire

Valley4.jpg

San Jose Fire Department's San Jose Sharks (Hockey team) themed fire engine

shark.jpg

Skycrane dipping in the Merced river (I took the photo roadside on CA Hwy 140)

HTSS64162.jpg

Mt Shasta STShasta.jpg

A restored Marin County Sheriff's Department cruiser

marinso.jpg

Edited by Aaronw