Model Cars Magazine Forum

In need of some help finding the right Ram kit

I'm trying to recreate the 1:1 truck I have now:

34395_436991761828_580281828_5648058_4975243_n.jpg

Does anyone make a club cab short bed ram? I can use a 4dr quad cab if i absolutely have to, but I'd really like to go with a 2dr extended cab.

The only Rams that I know of are the AMT SnapFast kits long out of production, but they were both long bed regular cab versions.

HPIM1516.jpg

Once upon a time there was a resin version of the Ram with a shortbed and extended cab but have not seen that in years. I believe the company was accu-pro out of Michigan.

Your best best would be to get 2 of the Ram VTS trucks and use the second cab to create the extended cab. You will have a leftover bed that could make a nice traier.

HTH

Mike

The thought of using the Dakota quarter windows has crossed my mind as well- I just never tried it because then I'd have an unbuildable Dakota. (I could raid the windows and convert it to a Durango... the Grand Caravan kit has the same taillamps, as the 1:1 '98-'03 Durango and '96-'00 Chrysler vans had the same taillamps... hmmmm....)

One of these days I'd like to kitbash the VTS with the AMT 2500. It would be a bit of work, and the intake is totally different on the production Ram V10, but still kinda sounds like a fun project!

The thought of using the Dakota quarter windows has crossed my mind as well- I just never tried it because then I'd have an unbuildable Dakota. (I could raid the windows and convert it to a Durango... the Grand Caravan kit has the same taillamps, as the 1:1 '98-'03 Durango and '96-'00 Chrysler vans had the same taillamps... hmmmm....)

One of these days I'd like to kitbash the VTS with the AMT 2500. It would be a bit of work, and the intake is totally different on the production Ram V10, but still kinda sounds like a fun project!

Actually what you should do is make the Mexican-only 1999-2001 Dodge Ramcharger, since it also used the Caravan taillights (the non-US versions) and liftgate.

01rchargerbybcarriedo_4.jpg

01rchargerbybcarriedo_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a master at this moment. here some pics. these were took a while ago a lot of work is now done on this. I will post new pics as soon as possible.

ramext94-3.JPG

ramext94-2.JPG

ramext94-1.JPG

like you see you got the full engine bay.

hope you like.

I don't have a casting schedule done for this one.

yours

Edited by scale auto style

Guys, taking oportunity of the subject, I have the ’94 Dodge Ram Power from Jimmy Flintstone but i tried a google search and none, absolute not one single picture of this car or anything close to it.

Question: this car doesn´t exist??? Is it a phanton?

1994DodgeRamPower1-vi.jpg

Guys, taking oportunity of the subject, I have the ’94 Dodge Ram Power from Jimmy Flintstone but i tried a google search and none, absolute not one single picture of this car or anything close to it.

Yes, it's a phantom. Dodge never produced anything like it.

jimmy Flintstone resin come out with the Dodge Suburban back in 94.

The used the back half of the chevy Tahoe and the roof is Just a bit crooked in the rear.

Dodge chassis had to shortened 1/8"

as it still sits today.

1996DodgeSuburban1.jpg

1996DodgeSuburban2.jpg

1996DodgeSuburbanchassis.jpg

I'll try and get a good pic of a rear view in a bit.

Edited by Zukiholic

Drago Icon

Posted Today, 03:46 PM

Posted Image

That looks so cool. Is it possible to get those still? I want one.

STewart