Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Mod -63 Corvette

Rickard,

I've got a couple questions for you regarding your mold and resin. It looks like you've got a single injection point in the center of the roof, with vents at each end. Assuming I'm correct in that observation, do you have any particular trouble with trapping air anywhere? My second question: what brand of resin did you use to cast your bodies and what kind of cure time is it? Thanks... Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys,

Soon I will start on the engine build. Just posting some old pics of my resin parts that I´m going to use.

MSD Promag 44...

Bild627.jpg

ProMag44.jpg

ProMag44klar.jpg

Thanks for posting these pictures. I've wondered why my attempts to use a dremel as a lathe turned out so poorly. I didn't use a stable base or the right type of cutting tool. Now, I'm anxious to try it again.

Thanks guys,

Soon I will start on the engine build. Just posting some old pics of my resin parts that I´m going to use.

MSD Promag 44...

Bild627.jpg

ProMag44.jpg

ProMag44klar.jpg

Rickard, so I have to ask what are you using to turn the styrene down? It looks like they are Xacto blades that are broken off or are you suing something different? What are you using to make the concave section of the Mag towards the bottom?