Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Ford Galaxie Street Machine

beeRS

For the smooth look I will be losing the Galaxie 500 script.

t2uq.jpg

vy01.jpg

The trim on the rear quarter has caused me quite some concern...

6uk9.jpg

Removing this trim was harder than I first thought . Keeping the body line straight was tricky.

fypy.jpg

srm5.jpg

I will be adding some photo etched wipers later; so - the moulded in wipers must go. This was another tricky job.

ai2r.jpg

Getting rid of molded whipers that sits on top of a grille must be a pain in the butt. Are you planning to engrave the excess plastic from the whipers to reveal the full grille..??

• 3 months later...

any updates. This is a great project.

Sorry its been so long since I posted any updates on this project. Don't worry - I'll be back into it soon. Currently, I'm busy converting the spare bedroom into a dedicated model building workshop. That should make building cars more enjoyable.

Outstanding! What did you use to remove the rear emblem and wiper blades?

I simply used a hobby knife with a curved blade. running it side to side over the wiper blades till they are gone.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow... Sonny Quazi, thought I recognised the name... :huh: ... Do you remember entering small talk and winning runner up best of show? ( with a fairlane was it? modern interior, 2 tone paint, purple and something...) I know you gave Mr Ross some competition that day.... Yeah I used to enter those too, and we used to chat at shows sometimes............. Anyway love the galaxie mate, glad to see you on here, your still jus as good at the models, if not better..... Looking forward to more progress on this, Cheers..... :) .....Lowlife ! !

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Glad to hear you haven't given up on this one! Looking forward to your progress, and congratulations on scoring a dedicated model workshop.

Yep - I am in the process of building a room dedicated to building models (and displaying them). Unfortunately, it is the smallest room in the house and in order to 'earn' this honor I had to buy the Mrs a new kitchen.

Wow... Sonny Quazi, thought I recognised the name... :huh: ... Do you remember entering small talk and winning runner up best of show? ( with a fairlane was it? modern interior, 2 tone paint, purple and something...) I know you gave Mr Ross some competition that day.... Yeah I used to enter those too, and we used to chat at shows sometimes............. Anyway love the galaxie mate, glad to see you on here, your still jus as good at the models, if not better..... Looking forward to more progress on this, Cheers..... :) .....Lowlife ! !

Wow Martin, You have an excellent memory - that was over 20 years ago! I still have that '57 Fairlane. Yes - it got runner up that year, (1993 if I remember correctly).

I'm sure I remember you from the shows. Did you go to the SLAM club meets?