yOU GOT TO MAKE NEXT.

LET ME GIVE YOU A LIST

bob glidden- pinto pro stock

grumpy- monza

ronnie&sox- colt

you are the man!!!!!!

post-2052-1192570804_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Went together pretty well. A few minor issues with the chassis, but certainly no worse than many plastic kits I have built. I suppose the best comment I can make about it is I liked the kit enough that I am building another one!

Heres a few more pics.

Raisin

engine2.jpg

engine1.jpg

SUPERFLY3.jpg

P1016717.jpg

Looks like I might have to call SMBC for one of these, too. I just finished thier 55 Chevy Nomad A/FX gasser, and this kit is supposed to be even better!!

How well did the parts fit? Any problems? How about some engine and chassis pics!!!

That IS a sharp looking car that you have there. That thing looks like it could fly thru the 1/4 mile :o Since I have never done a resin kit, are they easy to paint and did you have to polish this one out ?? The color is nice and glossy (which is hard to do with black). I like what you have done to this one...

STEVE ALLEN

Thanks Raul,

Like with most kits I cant seem to leave it just as it comes. I added the accel coil from SMBC, scratchbuilt the radiator shroud. front motor mounting plate, breathers on the valve covers, and added some bits to the interior. Also used headlights from a Revell 32 Ford kit.

Thanks for the extra pics!! Is that all from the SMBC kit or did you add anything?

When I built the SMBC 55 Nomad, I added the Accel Super Coil, tach, Moon tank and a few other bits.

Thank you Steve,

The biggest thing about painting resin is you must apply a good primer ( I do that with plastic kits too ) because paint wont stick to resin well. Some resins have mold release agent residue which can be removed by soaking in westlys bleech white before shooting the primer. I polish my paint with 3m imperial hand glaze, there are several products out there that you can use though.

Raisin

That IS a sharp looking car that you have there. That thing looks like it could fly thru the 1/4 mile :o Since I have never done a resin kit, are they easy to paint and did you have to polish this one out ?? The color is nice and glossy (which is hard to do with black). I like what you have done to this one...

STEVE ALLEN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

This car was based in Indianapolis and used Gapp & Roush power. Its built using an SMBC resin kit with Tamiya paint.

Thanks for looking,

Raisin

P1016872.jpg

P1016871.jpg

P1016866.jpg

P1016886.jpg

kkkkkkk.jpg

I just came across this thread. This is a beautiful build!

The SMBC kits looks like real winners.

Mike.