Model Cars Magazine Forum

Next in line...

chadrob30

Thanx for the photos Chad! I'll grab one when they make their way to the Hobby Lobby. Now, if we could only talk Revell into selling those wheels and tires as sets.

Thanx for the photos Chad! I'll grab one when they make their way to the Hobby Lobby. Now, if we could only talk Revell into selling those wheels and tires as sets.

They probably won't.

The wheel/tire set would probably have to be priced at $10-15.

They can sell whole kits more easily than having to charge that much for a wheel & tire set.

As long as the RR is new and hot, it'll sell a bunch more than wheel/tire sets. B)

No problem. It's basically a rehash of all the other hi boy kits released in the last 20 years. However, the wheels, tires, interior, and blower assembly are worth the price of the kit to me, which incidentally was $20 at HobbyTown USA.

What Hobby Town do you go to? I saw the Young American here in Baltimore for 29.99. I get my paint there but...................... nothing else.

Or this particular stores favorite "Buy 3 get one free". Wait, I already paid too much each for three but the 4th is free? Sign me up!!

HT used to be a cool place. I wish yours was here. Or, maybe these guys are making high 40's salaries? Yeah right.

Bob

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm not sure what route to take with this one. I decided to build the '57 Chevy 150 Utility Sedan (Black Widow) first. Bob, my local HobbyTown is here in Fort Smith, Arkansas. All the new Revell stuff is $19.99.

I stopped into my local Hobby Town has the kit, it was 31.99. In the two years since the store has been open they still have some of the original kits that they had in stock on opening day. They never mark a kit down or clearance them. For some reason, the price the kits at give to ten dollars above msrp.

I travel thru the Carolinas and Virginia as part of my job and it amazes me to see the wide variance in pricing at Hobby Town USA locations. I visit them when I can but the one closest to me has their kits priced just below MSRP and it is a Father/Son operation so I tend to spend money there as they are friendly.

I cannot see spending $31.99 for a kit that is available online for $10 cheaper and if timed right, will be shipped for free from Tower Hobbies.

Back on topic- I will have to pick up one of these kits just for some of the cool parts it has! Thanks for sharing the pictures, it made up my mind!

now im not well versed on what is or isnt a "rat rod" but all the ones I have seen before looked like a pile of junk parts mashed together. What makes this a rat rod? to me it looks like a 32 ford street rod with no hood

The term "rat" refers to a big block Chevy motor; this car, having a blown small block Chevy (sometimes called a mouse motor), is set up to roast rats.

What is the part on the tree next to the steering column?

Edited by johnbuzzed

I've seen this kit and caught some episodes of the show but i don't get the relevance of the guitar? I'm not complaining, it's actually pretty neat but why is it in the kit?

BTW thanks for posting the photos

Stacy builds guitars for most of his builds...this guitar is a Gibson ES-335 that he built, and Gibson assembled. He is actually a pretty good player too.

http://staceydavid.com/guitars