Model Cars Magazine Forum

TDR Miss "E" Car Body 1/16

MICHAEL, I'VE ONLY SEEN PICTURES OF A 1/12 SCALE GT500E FROM TDR. DO THEY MAKE IT IN 1/16 ALSO? I HAVEN'T BEEN KEEPING UP WITH THIS SECTION! IF IT IS IN 1/12 SCALE YOU CAN USE THE 1/12 YELLOW REVELL 1965 MUSTANG CHASSIS UNDER IT, OR THE 1/12 REVELL 65 SHELBY UNDER IT! BUT THOSE KITS ARE FROM THE LATE 1990'S? GUYS DOES TDR MAKE THE GT500E IN1/16TH SCALE??? P.M. DAYTONA TIM, OR GRAMPA MCGURK FOR A QUICK ANSWER!!!

Edited by paul alflen

Here's a pic from the TDR catalog.....it's offered as a 1/12th RP body (not cast). Contact Tim directly at TDR Innovations to see if it will print well and pricing in 1/16th. Their E address is at the bottom of this post under my name.

ATDRMISSE.jpg

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

That is the nice thing about using rapid prototyping to print our parts. We have a lot more flexibility when it comes to scales.

If you really wanted it, we could offer the bodies in 1/13th scale........but I don't think there are too many donor kits out there in this scale.

Tim

That is the nice thing about using rapid prototyping to print our parts. We have a lot more flexibility when it comes to scales.

If you really wanted it, we could offer the bodies in 1/13th scale........but I don't think there are too many donor kits out there in this scale.

Tim

TIm:

Do you do or can you do your prostreet rearends and clips in 1/25 ?

TIm:

Do you do or can you do your prostreet rearends and clips in 1/25 ?

No, I am sorry we cannot. The current capabilities of the 3D printers just will not make strong reliable parts at the small scales. We can make the big part (bodies) in small scale, but we cannot make the small parts (frames, carbs, suspensions) in small scales.

Thanks to all of you. I have a Nichimo kit of the Shelby GT500 in 1/16 at home with a destroyed body. I want to ask my question again does TDR 1/16 MISS E body fits the Shelby GT 500 kit from Nichimo.

The TDR bodies are just that, bodies. They were not made to fit any particular donor kit.

The wheelbase and the tread widths for the Miss E matches those of the 1967/1968 Mustang. If the donor kit has the correct wheelbase and tread widths then it should be able to be adapted to the TDR body. Some scratch building is to be expected.

Tim