Model Cars Magazine Forum

JADA Concept Camaro

Steve_L

This build represents two firsts for me. (1) I built a JADA kit (Concept Camaro) for the first time. (2) I air brushed Acryl paint for the first time.

The JADA kit contains high quality castings of high quality plastic. It assembled quite well except for the issue of the "cartoon" style wheels and tires. I solved that minor dilemma by substituting Pegasus 21" five spoke wheels and parts box big and little tires for those in the JADA kit. The decals are high quality and applied quite well with no drama.

I thinned the Pactra Acryl Candy Purple 50% and sprayed it at about 20 PSI with no drama. The clear coat is two mist coats of Kilz Casual Colors Clear Coat followed by three wet coats. I polished the Acryl paint before applying the clear and I am pleased with the results. The clear was also polished with 4000, 6000, 8000 and 12000 grit pads followed by a rub down with Meguiar's Scratch-X.

The interior was sprayed with Duplicolor Vinyl Upholstery Desert Sand paint and paint detailed.

Enjoy!

PICT3468-vi.jpg

PICT3470-vi.jpg

PICT3470-vi.jpg

PICT3471-vi.jpg

PICT3473-vi.jpg

PICT3472-vi.jpg