Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Interesting site, but I really wish they had illustrations of the colors, and not just descriptions.

I have the MCW site & "Paintref.com" both on my toolbar so I can easily jump back & forth between the two. That way I can look at the colors I'm interested in on Paintref, & then see what MCW has to match it. It's a little more time consuming, but I'm sure the guys at MCW don't want to waste the time & effort to depict chips of every color they carry on the website. There are a lot of colors there. Plus as he says somewhere on the site, computer images are not necessarily accurate depictions of color anyway. Steve

OK, thanks for that, Steve. I'll check the other site you mentioned. I may or may not be the norm here, but I'm pretty particular when it comes to colors.

It's a paint "cross reference" site so make sure you don't get hung up on names. While the correct 1959 Buick color may be "Lido Lavender", it's listed on the MCW site as "Royal Amethyst", the Pontiac variant. Same exact color. Steve

Brought this big guy home today :D

20150313_235432_zpsteyx5iob.jpg

Already have heavy duty pinion gears for the axle, heavy duty drive shafts, and stamped steel 6 lug white wagon wheels that are also functioning beadlocks that have been waiting for me to get this.........now I just need to find some build time...

Already have heavy duty pinion gears for the axle, heavy duty drive shafts, and stamped steel 6 lug white wagon wheels that are also functioning beadlocks that have been waiting for me to get this.........now I just need to find some build time...

That looks awesome. Any leads as to where to find another?

@Joe- You're gonna have some fun building that! I bought one a few months ago or so. Just a word of caution...when you're assembling the suspension links make sure you are following the correct pages for the correct lengths. There are different length assemblies for different chassis lengths. I have a few more things to get and I'm up and running...battery, charger, controller, and receiver. And, I may get the body painted soon if the weather holds out.

What is the price for this one in stores in the US?

I see them on Ebay for 319,99$ buy it now.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...