Model Cars Magazine Forum

'60 Starliner BOX stock build

Custom Hearse

Mine didn't come out that well, I think I can salvage the top as a fridge magnet though. Cutting some kind of block to the inside dimensions would help. Sign foam would be perfect for that. I'd also like to reduce it and try a 1/25 size.

Edited by samdiego

Marsh, I'm assumeing it's the 1/25th scale box that comes in the kit? The give away, to me, at least, is the way the picture cracked at the folds on the box lid. Thanks for showing this, I might have a way to prevent that....or not! But anyway, it came out pretty good. Did you use Macro-zoom to shoot it? I looked for some other reference points in the pic to gauge it's scale, but I might not have looked hard enough. Looks good. :rolleyes:

It's a joke Lee....

The box is part of the '60 Starliner kit that you cut out and glue together. I think it scales out to about 1/8th scale....

Mine didn't come out that well, I think I can salvage the top as a fridge magnet though. Cutting some kind of block to the inside dimensions would help. Sign foam would be perfect for that. I'd also like to reduce it and try a 1/25 size.

A 1/25th scale box would be cool Sam, and i like the magnet idea.

Marsh, I'm assumeing it's the 1/25th scale box that comes in the kit? The give away, to me, at least, is the way the picture cracked at the folds on the box lid. Thanks for showing this, I might have a way to prevent that....or not! But anyway, it came out pretty good. Did you use Macro-zoom to shoot it? I looked for some other reference points in the pic to gauge it's scale, but I might not have looked hard enough. Looks good. ;)

Yup.... It is George. How would you prevent the cracking? I was as gentle as possible putting it together, and it still cracked....

Thanks for the compliments guy's!

Marshall, I have a tool that's used for bending Photo-Etched stuff. It looks like I MIGHT be able to use it on the box. At least it LOOKS like I could use it. I'll hafta give it a shot. Oh, But 1st, I'd probly lightly score it with an sharp Exacto knife so it wouldn't stress the paper so much. Make sense? :blink::);)

Marshall, I have a tool that's used for bending Photo-Etched stuff. It looks like I MIGHT be able to use it on the box. At least it LOOKS like I could use it. I'll hafta give it a shot. Oh, But 1st, I'd probly lightly score it with an sharp Exacto knife so it wouldn't stress the paper so much. Make sense? :blink::huh:;)

Thought about doing both of those things myself.... I don't have a photoetch bending tool, but I have a ruler. Just wasn't sure if it was worth it though.... :(

Oops! My bad, sorry, I wasnt feeling well when I posted, and didnt really pay attention. I hope you will accept my apologies, and with that I will say you had me fooloed! Now when I look closer, I can see it is a bit small, lol.

Oops! My bad, sorry, I wasnt feeling well when I posted, and didnt really pay attention. I hope you will accept my apologies, and with that I will say you had me fooloed! Now when I look closer, I can see it is a bit small, lol.

No problem Lee. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, and hope your better! I gotta tell ya though.... It was the fastest "build" I've ever done! It took a total of 10 minutes to put it together! B)