Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 1981 Z28

leereyn

I just finished the tribute to my 1981 Z28 that I've owned for the last 23 years. I used the Revell 1979 Z28 kit because it came closest to resembling my car. I know the hood scoop, fender vents, and grill are different so use your imagination. The late 70s and early 80s weren't the most popular years for the Z28 but they were the cars of my youth. I also haven't built a model since I was a kid, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out thanks to a wealth of info and tips I got from this message board. Thanks to everyone who replies to questions (stupid and otherwise) and offers their knowledge and thanks for looking. I hope the pics post. Fingers crossed.

Camaro81Z28white7.jpg

Camaro81Z28white7a.jpg

Camaro81Z28white7b.jpg

Edited by leereyn

When I first looked at the pics, I thought you were comparing inside and outside shots of the model, then I looked again and realized that the outside shot was of the real car and the other one was the model :) (the last pic gave it away with the taillight lenses) So, I must say, you did one heck-of-a-job with your model B) And your real one is sweet also...

STEVE ALLEN

Edited by scubadiver411

Big Thumbs Up from me! Nice work! Great tribute.

My dad had me grow up on Camaro's. It's all we owned until he passed in 1983. I still have the 82 Camaro, his last new car, in my yard. Preparing for a parting out party.

Nice homage.

Chris

Thanks for all the positive comments. I have a few of what I call "poor mans muscle cars" and my next project is my 1981 Corvette. Since I've had the Z28, by far the longest, I refer to her as my wife and I refer to my Corvette and 1970 SS El Camino as my girlfriends. Thanks again for the comments and the great support, tips, and information that can be found here.

Edited by leereyn