Model Cars Magazine Forum

Settle this for me

Roundthirteen

definately not the same grill work though. I have spent the last 30 or so minutes looking at the cars Rusty has been using in his raceway experience and as much as I dont want to say it, it is almost like I slapped a Ford sticker on the front of an Impala.

Because the pictures you provided def dont have the same grill work as the one below it.

Maybe an earlier model Taurus than the one in the pictures I Guess.

Edited by Heartattaq

definately not the same grill work though. I have spent the last 30 or so minutes looking at the cars Rusty has been using in his raceway experience and as much as I dont want to say it, it is almost like I slapped a Ford sticker on the front of an Impala.

Because the pictures you provided def dont have the same grill work as the one below it.

I kind of thought that too. It's for sure Taurus from the A pilar back. I'm wondering if the grill was just squared off. They had a lot of cars that were pre-COT that would say "Impala" but was a Monte.

This is what is so wrong with NASCAR, the cars have no similarity or definition to a "stock car". I can't understand why the manufacturers poor in so much money to support NASCAR when you can't even recognize a Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Toyota without the stickers telling you what car it is suppose to be.

Edited by afx

This what is so wrong with NASCAR, the cars have no similarity or definition to a "stock car". I can't understand why the manufacturers poor in so much money to support NASCAR when you can't even recognize a Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Toyota with the stickers telling you what care it is suppose to be.

Take a ford "stock car" (haha yea, stock car. Remember when you could do this in your garage if you wanted to? I don't, but thats besides the point.) and put a chevy sticker on it. Boom, you got a chevy.

It couldv'e been damaged at one time and they just replaced the nose with whatever they had on hand. I dont know much about the Rusty Experience, but from what I've seen at various events, cars that aren't being scrutinized in a sanctioned race have all kinds of weird anomalies. I doubt they are trying to keep these cars accurate. The headlight decals on the one you posted are also a little different, not like the cup ones. Probably from an Arca or K&N car.