Model Cars Magazine Forum

DMCC (Dearborn) Meeting pics

WOW.. once again I forgot all about the meeting.. The last few i havent been able to come to due to shows and other things but was planning on coming down for this one.. Oh well there always next month..

• 2 weeks later...

Jim, it's actually a little of both. We have some EXCELLENT modelers in our club, Steve Perry, "H", Trans Am Eric among them, AND QUITE a few more! Sorry If I neglected to mention anyone else. We have a 2 hour meeting that starts at 7 an runs to 9, BUT alot of guys get there early an sell old stuff they don't want, and some stay later just to shoot the breeze! I DON'T know how others clubs run, but that's how we do ours! I REALLY look forward to it! It's kinda like a "BEIN THERE" forum! :D If you have a club near you, I HIGHLY recommend it! You got ALL kindsa guys who share your SAME passion for our hobby! The older guys, like myself, an guys who bring their sons (like my buddy Ian) who are bringin them up right!

And LOTTSA guys in between! Try one, you'll LIKE IT!!!!

Edited by george 53

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't make it. My girlfriend Rachel kidnapped me for the weekend and took me on a surprise trip to Chicago for my birthday! We really had a great time. It looks like there was a lot of great cars on the tables. I've dug out some projects that I'd like to finish. I've just been concentrating on my full size Trans Am this summer and making a lot of progress. Well, I'll see you guys a Bob's in a few weeks. I hope to have some new pics on here soon of my concept Trans Am.

MOST clubs i've belonged to have flea market in conjunction with the chatting & bench racing of a meeting. Nothing wrong with a little commerce/trading.

Heck, the Toronto club I belonged to had about 30 members, and about 12 guys that would regularly bring a kit and tools/toolbox to work on during meetings. One guy brings a ring light magnifier and plugs in and works on stuff. Been thinking about doing this myself, but I cross the border from Canada to the US to the Downriver meetings....I don't want some US Border Agent thinking i'm a terrorist with a box of hobby tools though...... :):blink:

I've never been to a model car club meeting. Looks like your meeting is part show and part sales. Do all model clubs do the same thing?

I hope everybody in DMCC apreciates just how cool it is that they have a model CAR club! I'm envious. There's a local model club that I belong to and it's full of great guys with a lot of skills but they're all military/aircraft/sci-fi builders. They just don't understand the car guy thing! :)