Model Cars Magazine Forum

How Old is Your Club?

Moonlight Modelers in Phoenix is celebrating its 30th Anniversary. Continuously slinging glue, sprue, plastic and paint for 370 meetings so far!

Just got to wondering how long some of the other clubs out there have been going. Weigh in with yours. :D

I've only been a member for a year,this month, but I beleive it's been around for about 20 years. Anyone of our clubmembers know for sure? Pat Redmond, do YOU know? Our club is the Downriver Model Car Club. :lol::lol::lol:

Only coming up to 4 years for me personally, but I think you're correct at about 20 for Downriver MCC.

"The Small World of MB" is a 9 year old non-profit organization in Puerto Rico and Florida, members of clubs and model builders work together to make posible our anual event, The Caribbean Sale Auto Expo. I am very greatful for all there help, and dedication to the hobby of our island..........Barbo

I joined SABA in about 1983 or 1984. I think they had been around for a year or more before that, with our meetings held at Bob Paeth's house. I remember we used to display our current projects on Bob's pool table in the basement. Fun times! :P

Wish I could be more spicific but I think I am the oldest current member with a computer. Ron and Bob Robinson, the other older members, don't do the Internet B) !

Dave Susan, James Warkentin and Fletch came along later. But if I had to guess.... 1982 would be the first year for SABA with the oldest members being Bob Paeth, Ron Martinolich, Bob Robinson and Chuck Carter. B)

What is that... 27 years?

I joined SABA in about 1983 or 1984. I think they had been around for a year or more before that, with our meetings held at Bob Paeth's house. I remember we used to display our current projects on Bob's pool table in the basement. Fun times! :rolleyes:

Wish I could be more spicific but I think I am the oldest current member with a computer. Ron and Bob Robinson, the other older members, don't do the Internet :lol: !

Dave Susan, James Warkentin and Fletch came along later. But if I had to guess.... 1982 would be the first year for SABA with the oldest members being Bob Paeth, Ron Martinolich, Bob Robinson and Chuck Carter. :)

What is that... 27 years?

You would be correct Jairus, SABA did indeed start in 1982. I joined in 1995, left for a couple of years, rejoined a couple of years ago. Now SABA has their own website and Forum. We've come a long ways since you guys displayed your builds on Bob's pool table. SABA produces the Pacific NW NNL Model Car Fest as well as the Bob Paeth Portland Classic Model Car Contest (say that 3 times real fast). SABA currently has 35 active members with new modelers showing interest on a regular basis.

Hope that doesn't sound like I'm to proud of our little club here in Portland.

Edited by Fletch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Moonlight Modelers in Phoenix is celebrating its 30th Anniversary. Continuously slinging glue, sprue, plastic and paint for 370 meetings so far!

Just got to wondering how long some of the other clubs out there have been going. Weigh in with yours. ;)

I remember about 11 or 12 years ago this one guy was in the club, He came from Hawaii. He usually only built snap kits, had some crazy dream about having his own "MODEL CARS Magazine" some day. Wow how crazy is that! A real Plastic Fanatic that guy was. :P:P:blink::lol:

• 2 weeks later...