Model Cars Magazine Forum

16th scale Deuce grille?

Mark, have you considered sectioning (vertically and horizontally) an 8th scale deuce grill and grill shell?

I don't know of any '32 parts in 1/16,and I don't think a '32 was ever kitted in this scale, but if you could reconsider and work with the different look of a '34, there are two kits on eBay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Revell-34-Ford-Coupe-Street-Model-Car-Kit-1-16-scale-/180574217556?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0b0fe554

http://cgi.ebay.com/REVELL-1-16-1934-FORD-PHAETON-STREET-ROD-/360306748804?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e3f4ad84

Edited by sjordan2

Mark, have you considered sectioning (vertically and horizontally) an 8th scale deuce grill and grill shell?

While that wouldn't work (too many compound curves and I'd be unwilling to sacrifice a 1:8 kit to try it) it does give me an idea. I've got a couple of 1:18 scale diecast '32 roadsters and might be able to rework the somewhat smaller grille to work. I'll have to look at that.

The '34 wouldn't do - I've never seen a Model A with a '34 grille - it would have to be a '32.

It sure seems surprising to me that nobody has made one, as popular as they are with the Model A.

i bought one years ago at the NNL East. It was ok not to bad looking. I was told it was mastered from a Muscle Machines die cast 32 ford. I've been reworking it to recast it for the minicrafts kits i have stashed.

copies i made for a friend, then my mold ripped :unsure: i hope to one day make a new mold of my new version

MVC825S-vi.jpg