Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '71 Dusters

I've seen the Street Machine version of this kit, but it appears to have a Viper V-10 engine. Yet I keep seeing the "Mopar" cast valve covers for the 340 on several models, and everybody refers to them as being from the "Duster Street Machine" kit. Were there two different non-stock versions of the kit, or do I have something mixed up? Which one has the Mopar Performance valve covers?

no you do not have anything mixed up the valve covers are in the street machine kit .. but it dose not have a V10 in it , its a 340 with the injection set up of a V10 thats all... hope this helps .. if u get the kit you have the covers you want..

later bro

davin B):D

no you do not have anything mixed up the valve covers are in the street machine kit .. but it dose not have a V10 in it , its a 340 with the injection set up of a V10 thats all... hope this helps .. if u get the kit you have the covers you want..

later bro

davin B):D

Cool- thanks! All the street machine versions I've seen had "Viper V-10" listed on the box. (You know- that time in the late 1990's when AMT started getting vauge with descriptions on the box :lol: ? Yeah...) This info will help quite a bit!

I've seen the Street Machine version of this kit, but it appears to have a Viper V-10 engine. Yet I keep seeing the "Mopar" cast valve covers for the 340 on several models, and everybody refers to them as being from the "Duster Street Machine" kit. Were there two different non-stock versions of the kit, or do I have something mixed up? Which one has the Mopar Performance valve covers?

The Duster Street Machine kit has a Viper-style intake and the aforementioned Mopar cast valve covers sans the Mopar logos. Confusing this issue even more is the Walmart "checkerboard" version of this kit that featured an MPC 1972 Duster with a Viper V10 engine on the boxart! :DB):lol:

The Duster Street Machine kit has a Viper-style intake and the aforementioned Mopar cast valve covers sans the Mopar logos. Confusing this issue even more is the Walmart "checkerboard" version of this kit that featured an MPC 1972 Duster with a Viper V10 engine on the boxart! :blink::):lol:

Yes! That's what threw me!

Yes! That's what threw me!

Hey Chuck, I'm not far from you, 'bout 20 minutes north in Shepherd.

I built a Duster several years ago to replicate a guy's Duster from Ithaca. Back in the late 70s we used to cruise Alma and he had this car back then. I called him after I did it and he was shocked that I had almost all of it correct just from my memory of the car.

Jim

My '71 Duster link

Hey Chuck, I'm not far from you, 'bout 20 minutes north in Shepherd.

I built a Duster several years ago to replicate a guy's Duster from Ithaca. Back in the late 70s we used to cruise Alma and he had this car back then. I called him after I did it and he was shocked that I had almost all of it correct just from my memory of the car.

Jim

My '71 Duster link

I go through Shepherd quite a bit, ever heard of Jerry Harris? I've bought quite a few old kits off him!